PDA

View Full Version : any gains?

Anonymous
28-01-01, 12:04 AM
ok people, please put my mind to rest and tell me - do upgraded cams INCREASE power or do they just move the power band ?? PNG state the nova cam is good enough but other places say you can gain 10 bhp. are they talking bollocks or what?

Anonymous
28-01-01, 09:59 AM
I think the bottom line is a cam works well if combined with a head flow, exhaust, filter ect.. Go for a mild road cam so you don't loose low speed torque (drivability) you will gain power at the top end, the race cams will make the car undrivable on the road as the power band will be around 5000rpm. hope this helps.

Anonymous
29-01-01, 07:44 PM
If you haven`t heavily modified your engine then the cam will be a waste of money, it`s one of the last stages of tuning your engine. If its carbed you`ll need to rolling road it to get the best out of the mod, or get it chipped if it`s an injected Nova.

Anonymous
29-01-01, 07:44 PM
If you haven`t heavily modified your engine then the cam will be a waste of money, it`s one of the last stages of tuning your engine. If its carbed you`ll need to rolling road it to get the best out of the mod, or get it chipped if it`s an injected Nova.