PDA

View Full Version : M.O.T Advice

Anonymous
27-01-01, 12:10 PM
Finally banged the car in for the MOT yesterday, it failed of corse (not badly). It has failed for not having indicator repeaters on the front wings? Some old novas never had these as standard so I can't understand this, was there a change in the law where all cars over a certain age had to have side repeaters? After spending hours weldind filling and smoothing I don't want to have to fit some unless i really have to. Does anybody know?

Anonymous
27-01-01, 02:10 PM
i think its if you got the repeaters in they have to work. if youve smotthed wing youll be fine.

i had same problem for MOT and they just hooked up bulbs so they worked and passed it
Crap rule though

Anonymous
27-01-01, 08:02 PM
put some in the wing mirrors - looks fuckin mint! - bit of a bastard to do though!!!!

go for it m8

Anonymous
29-01-01, 02:35 AM
I think it did become law at some point, that all new cars had to be fitted with them, but I'm not sure. It may be the same as for reversing lights - you don't have to have one, but it must work if you do have one - depending on age of the car.

Anonymous
29-01-01, 11:18 AM
I hope you don't have to have them, cos I haven't got any side repeaters!.

Anonymous
29-01-01, 11:31 AM
d reg onwards but you can get away with it if you have mk2 e marked front indicators (as seen on my mk2 van)

Anonymous
29-01-01, 11:52 AM
Thanks ste, i best go get the hole saw and drill out all that filler i spent ages doing. Doh!