PDA

View Full Version : Wheels...Micky Owens..

Anonymous
25-01-01, 10:56 AM
Ive just got my hands on a very nice set of 6 spokes. They r the ones which r standard on the newer higher spec mk 4 astras, the ones with locking centre caps. They are 15s with 15/195/55 tyres. U can guess what im going to ask next..
Will they fit under my arches now, and will they still fit after ive dropped the car 40mm. ALSO under the locking caps stamped on the alloys is the mark ET46. Now i presume this means they r of the 46 offset type. Bearing this in mind can anyone please answer my question. I
am looking at u MICKY or STE or anyone who knows.
Also no smart answers please like put them on and find out, as they r going no where near my car without locking outs.
Cheers in advance,
Tony.

Anonymous
25-01-01, 11:38 AM
u will need 195/45 tyres really, otherwise the arches will need to be rolled quite a lot, i should think the ET46 is the offset (u sure its not ET45?) hope i was of assistance :)

Anonymous
25-01-01, 11:51 AM
I take it you don't want mine anymore then !! They sound exactly the same ! Word of warning for you, use locking nut becuase the locking centres can be taken of with a pair of needle nose pliers (how i take mine off !)

Anonymous
25-01-01, 01:33 PM
how wide are they??
if you don't want to fit them to your car you can fit them on mine!!! :-)

Anonymous
25-01-01, 01:38 PM
The easiest way to see if they clear... Try em for size!
This`ll awnser your question.

Anonymous
25-01-01, 01:49 PM
Sorry, that last sentence was supposed to say "locking nuts" !

Anonymous
25-01-01, 02:06 PM
ET 46 does mean 46mm offset which is near enough to 49 that it won't cause any problems. As for the tyres, I can't see 55's fitting you will need 50's or better (but twice the price) would be 45's. At the end of the day the only way you will know is when you fit them, How long will it take to swap the rear wheels and go for a quick test run.

Anonymous
25-01-01, 08:50 PM
okay u will need to mod the arches most prob

the 46mm offset will mean there pushed 3mm further out which is no big deal

u can fit em with them tyres but i would recomend dropping down sum sizes to help clear

they will fit mk2`s with mods easy enugh and mk2`s easy peasy

are they they squarish 6 spokes as on the sri models? there nice wheels i had the older ones on mine the mk3 sahpe and they had 55 profile tyres so it can be done easy enough