PDA

View Full Version : 1.3, 1.4sr 1.4sri

Anonymous
24-01-01, 07:29 PM
Can anyone tell me the performance figures for a standard 1.3,1.4sr and 1.4sri. as iam after buying a nova and cant realy afford a gte, gsi.also which is most reliable. cheers

Anonymous
24-01-01, 07:51 PM
0-60
1.3 - 11.8
1.4 - 11.2
1.4sri - 10.5

Sri is best on economy!

SRi is loads more to insure

SRi's r v.hard to get hold of!
I'd go for a 1.4sr, then tune the fucker!!!

Dicko

Anonymous
24-01-01, 08:21 PM
do not get sri they do not go anywhere as fast as that,they are slow as fuk.best bet is 1.4,put a piper cam in it(nearly all others cams are wank,ive tryed em)put it on webbers and advance the ignition slightly,and itl be doing 60 in under 9 no probs.

Anonymous
24-01-01, 09:28 PM
emm Novaparts I think ur wrong mate.the sri is the better choice.
It's quicker by over a second standard,mines now in sub 9 sec o0-60's with a piper cam K+N and full exhaust system plus a race tune.Now it's more relaible and a newer engine than the sr ets's
Also it comes standard with gsi shockies and brakes
Only bad thing is that it's insurance is higher and that every1 thinks sr's are better.
Fraz

Anonymous
25-01-01, 10:32 AM
1.3sr 70bhp
1.4sr 72bhp
1.4sri 82bhp
go for the sri with the dis system (p.s. the only peeps who think 1.3sr 1.4sr are better are the peeps who have got them)

Anonymous
25-01-01, 01:37 PM
I woluld go for the 1.4 sri if you can 82 bhp, more reliable, better fuel economy ect.

Anonymous
25-01-01, 04:14 PM
dont bother even looking at a 1.3 - every second hand car rater like parkers recomends the 1.4 as the best buy. sri's are not any quicker if your sr is in good nick. they are slightly more efficient on fuel but then u make up for that when insuring it.

Anonymous
25-01-01, 08:43 PM
Fraz, u've obviously modded ur engine 2 a respectable level, but my 1.4sr will do 0-60 in 9secs (with 2 people in it), and that is standard apart from a k&N, free flow back box and increased compresion. so 4 the money u've spent on ur's, mines just as quick, 4 alot less pennies. I'm getting a high lift cam and a 4branch manifold soon.............beware!!!
Tommo go 4 the 1.4sr

Anonymous
26-01-01, 12:24 AM
I have a sri and i raced two gsi's home on sunday night and neither of them pulled away and they have the same parts on as mine,ie exhaust system and k&n filter so make your own conclusions, i know which i would get!

Anonymous
26-01-01, 09:51 AM
It all depends on what your after. An SRi will be an easier drive, and will not be as much effort to keep running sweet. An SR will be easier to tune, and get better performance out of. SRi`s can be tuned with filters and zorsts, but you`ll never get away from the restrictive inlet, CAT and ECU. Fuel injection isn`t built for performance like most people think, its built for efficient running. Carbs are a pain in the arse when they go wrong, but it is so easy to get em sweet and squeeze power out of them! I bought my SR b4 xmas, and I had an unlimited budget, so I could have bought anything in the range, or even a converted 2.0 16v, but I chose an SR, and now I`ve got a seriously quick motor. Twin 40`s, big valve head, high torque cam, 4-branch manifold etc etc etc....

Anonymous
26-01-01, 03:17 PM
Hmmm. My mate had a Nova 1.3SR but!! he put a 1.4SR bottom end in had a weber 32/34 carb 4 branch manifold and ported etc. head. It flew!! but at the end of the day you need to go and have a look at a few (different models) and see whats best for you!!

Anonymous
28-01-01, 04:15 PM
av got a sri and i find that standard gsi's can't pull away from me but ste is right if u have a 1.3 u will think they are great and so on with the 1.4sr and 1.4sri.....but the choice is up 2 u...........ps u better goin for the sri..lol