PDA

View Full Version : WTF-Emailed insurance certificate

Adam
11-06-06, 01:08 PM
Anyone else bought insurance online and then had there certificate and all documents emailed to them? wtf
As if post office are going to except that, printed out, especially with my s**t printer.

What is the world coming to, you pay hundreds out for insurance and in return they can't be bothered to spend 32p on a stamp to send the documents.

:roll:

Jack
11-06-06, 05:34 PM
Ring the insurance company and bitch at them - not only will the Post Orifice refuse it, but if you need to prove your insurance to the police or to another insurance company (e.g. as proof of NCB) they won't accept it either.

Adam
11-06-06, 05:35 PM
The insurance company is HIC.

I've also read i've got 30days to send proof of the cars mileage(limited mileage policy)
and all my previous renewal letters( for proof of NCB)

Jesus wept. lol

Jack
11-06-06, 08:12 PM
ALL your previous renewal letters? Surely the most recent one will suffice?

draper
11-06-06, 09:42 PM
e-mail everything to them ;)

Adam
12-06-06, 12:09 PM
ALL your previous renewal letters? Surely the most recent one will suffice?
Well, i only have one yrs ncb, so only have one renewal letter :thumb:
Going give them a ring in a minute to ask if they can accept a photocopy of the renewal, and to get them to send out proper documents.

Will
14-06-06, 01:11 PM
is your insurance with highway?

i got insurance with highway and they posted my cert

looks so fake its untrue :S

gone are the days wtih watermarked paperwork its just like a photocopied template

lol

Adam
14-06-06, 01:32 PM
Not sure Will, its a company that covers mods, might be Highway.
I'll check in a bit.

I rung up yesterday and got them to print off all the documents, got them today and they've printed them just on standard paper, on a s**t quality laser printer, looks totally scanned/photocopied, Lol.

Im 95% sure post office wont accept it, they looked at me funny when i handed them om LV certificate last year, it was in full colour on like quality card and they sat examining it for about 10mins.

Looks like im going have to bite the bullet, pay ?4 for a set of printer cartridges lol, and print the certificate out myself, with the printer on high quality colour mode. :roll:

Jack
14-06-06, 05:39 PM
Get the road tax online then :p

Adam
14-06-06, 05:57 PM
Get the road tax online then :p
Yup :p