PDA

View Full Version : is there a mouse in my car?

Anonymous
22-01-01, 09:25 PM
ok, heres the problem :my car has started making a wierd squeaking sound, usually when i brake - but not all the time. It sounds as if its coming from under the glovebox. is this my servo dying?? like an air leak or something?
someone reply quick before i stack it.

Anonymous
22-01-01, 11:01 PM
i cannot help with the mouse but if you were leaking air the car will not stop there will be no pressure on the brake pedal

Anonymous
22-01-01, 11:23 PM
Sounds as tho it could be coming from the brake area - check wheelbearings are OK then the discs and brake pads. If they'e badly worn/ got overheated or had oil on them they can make a right racket.(get a M8 to listen with his/her head out the window as u'r driving along)

Anonymous
22-01-01, 11:50 PM
no, its a different sort of sound to that of the wheel bearing. and is definately coming from the bulk head area of the car - so cannot b disks or pads, but the brakes do work and there is still pressure, but i;m worried if i need to slam them on they might suddenly go....bye bye car.

Anonymous
23-01-01, 10:40 AM
it is the brake linkage get some one to operate brake while you spray wd40 on the moving parts behind the glove box area

Anonymous
23-01-01, 06:08 PM
Could be a split in the diafram on the servo, or the pipe to the servo, if it is the brake efficiency will have dropped off.

Anonymous
23-01-01, 08:59 PM
i had this three times in my old nova, change the brake servo as soon as you can, its a pain in the arse but ive done it in the pouring rain and in pitch black. Unless you want to be driving around and suddenly lose your brakes completely id do it soon...

Anonymous
24-01-01, 08:20 PM
ok cheers people, if i find a gte servo do you think this would improve the brakes ?
how much should i be looking to pay ?( not new obviously)