PDA

View Full Version : Power boost valve

Anonymous
20-01-01, 11:52 AM
How much of a difference does a power boost valve make to an engine, I have heard that it gives you a few extra BHP, but I have also heard that all it does it give a smoother throttle response, no extra BHP, is it worth getting one?

Anonymous
20-01-01, 11:52 AM
My cars a 1.6 8v GSi by the way.

Anonymous
20-01-01, 12:53 PM
Best thing to do john is have a word with Rob the rolling road guy at Powerzone. He managed to get 137 BHP at the flywheel out of my mates nova GTE with a K&N, Power Boost Valve and Magnex Exhaust System. I know it's unbelievable but i saw the meter as it measured it. Both owners who had it before my mate said the only mods they'd made were the ones above. So overall i'd say yes it does make a difference to BHP.

Anonymous
20-01-01, 01:26 PM
foooookin ell'!!!!!!
I am getting a full magnex exhaust and manifold(from powerzone), so I think if I can get the powerboost valve aswell before the rolling road day, I will be happy!!!!!!!

Anonymous
20-01-01, 02:09 PM
with induction kit and exhaust system it should make quite a bit of difference i would think. get the lot though dont fit them one at a time.

Anonymous
20-01-01, 02:17 PM
already got the induction kit, will be getting the exhaust at the rolling road day

Anonymous
20-01-01, 09:44 PM
the power at the wheels though will be about 10-20 hp less to make the bhp :) just so you know thats all :)

Anonymous
20-01-01, 10:51 PM
if your getting the exhaust at the rolling road why not to a before and after?? put standard filter on then exhaust, valve and induction kit. this be the best way to see how much power you get out of it.

Anonymous
21-01-01, 02:16 AM
137bhp with a zorst,K&N, and a power boost valve?
I'm very sorry if this upsets you but that is BOLLOX it defies the laws of physics for fuck sake if that engine is reading that is has to of had something else (well alot!) to get anywhere near that.
Unless the rolling road is in need of a service.

Jimbo very, very, very unconvinced.

Anonymous
21-01-01, 02:56 PM
Jimbo. It was Powerzone in Padiham where our rolling road shootout is and several others have been held. I think Rob will be doing the rolling road so you can ask him. He knows the car pretty well.

Anonymous
21-01-01, 05:57 PM
Beware, if u get ur exhaust on rollin road day it may not perform so well!! I heard many people sayin that they need to have some cack in em b4 they work good!!!

Anonymous
22-01-01, 11:10 AM
I have heard the smae about the exhaust, apparently they need to seal themselves a bit before they perform properly. oh well, I'll have to get it done in the morning and then drive around all day and come back for the afternoon. :)

Anonymous
22-01-01, 11:14 AM
It sounds about right at the flywheel. There can be as much as around 30% differece between fly wheel power and wheel power.