PDA

View Full Version : goddamn petrol gauge!!!

Anonymous
20-01-01, 03:43 AM
right now im pissed off. My goddamn petrol gauge is temporamental like a biyatch. I actually ran out of petrol on the m62 on my way home the other week and had to walk about 6 miles home when it was hailstoning and cold like a muthafucka , I only had jeans and a tee shirt on and when I finally arrived at home my nipples were purple, purple godamn it!! anyway the gauge said I had a qtr of a tank left and ever since it has been really temporamental. When I fill it up it goes way past the full mark. Whats wrong with it ? its going in for a service soon and I'd really like to be able to tell them whats wrong. Nice one in advance , big up the nova massive!!

Anonymous
20-01-01, 02:05 PM
dodgy sender unit?

Anonymous
20-01-01, 02:20 PM
I had the same problem on my SR, it was just that hte wire had come off the sender unit.It's visible if you look under the car, at the back of the fueltank you should be able to see the two wires going into the sender unit.

Anonymous
20-01-01, 09:41 PM
or the dash board regulator may have "gone" ( be a bit dodgy :)

Anonymous
21-01-01, 07:34 AM
Nova fuel gauges are dodgy full stop. The one on my old A reg 1.2L ONLY worked when the tank was full to the brim. As you used fuel, the needle would drop slightly, then drop right down to the bottom.
The gauge on my Current Antibes worked fine until the tank gets the half way, then it jumps around a bit, before dropping to the bottom!

Anonymous
22-01-01, 01:33 AM
your petrol gauge has a mind of its own, it means your car loves you

Anonymous
22-01-01, 10:25 AM
Spare can of fuel in the boot, essential for any nova owner. Sounds like a bad connection, the connectors probably furing up. When the guage drops to the bottom it is the track wearing out on the sender unit.

Anonymous
22-01-01, 10:28 AM
Nova fuel gauges are dodgy, I like the way the gauge goes up or down depending on what corner you are going round. LOL

Anonymous
22-01-01, 02:18 PM
yeah, I had the same problem untill I fitted my Digi Dash. If this isn't an option then as a precautionary measure either 1. carry a can of petrol in the boot and or
2. when you fill up with petrol reset the milometer to zero. when you fill up next time see how much it costs to fill up and remember how many miles you have done. Now each time you reach this amount of miles you know you need to fill up, I just ignore my petrol gauge and fill up every 230 miles and it takes ?30 wqorth of petrol (1.4sr).
This gives me a bit of le-way and it varys a bit depending on if you rag it as to how many miles you get to a full tank.
Damian

Anonymous
23-01-01, 07:36 PM
Bloody hell thats bad. mine is fine after the half way point and after that it drops to the floor. it costs be ?9 to fill the first half of the tank and around 22 for the second half. hit it with a slegde hammer -i did.