PDA

View Full Version : Better Carb....>>>

Anonymous
19-01-01, 09:59 AM
I'm going to look at a mota on Saturday, and the guy says that the automatic choke is fucked, and it needs a manual one putting in. I fink this is a perfect opportunity to slap a 32/34 on there. How hard are they to fit? how much are they new/second hand? what's fuel economy like? and finally (will he ever shut up ?!?!?!) what performance gains will i get?

Cheers peeps

Ged
--------------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
19-01-01, 10:29 AM
You'd be looking about 6 bhp gain, they are just under ?200 new and a good 2nd hand one will cost you around ?100. They are easy to fit (4 bolts) but setting up is only easy if you know what your doing. I couldn't tell you about fuel economy cos I have had mine set up to go as quick as possible, so it is well juicy. But they are suppose to be a petrol saving carb.

Anonymous
19-01-01, 10:58 AM
I'm gonna slap a pipercross filter and a full Ashley zorst on the 1.3sr so if i did fork out ?100 for a weber, i'd wanna see a decent power gain (i'm not really arsed about fuel economy, cos I would drive VERY sensibly to work (1st>2nd>4th sort of thingie, not even approaching high revs) so that i save petrol for cruising around at night. What sort of power gain did u get with it set up to be ?well juicy? ? and do they make a nice noise? (like twin 40?s, cos that is out of this world?;))

Cheers

Ged
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
19-01-01, 11:55 PM
Twin 40`s aint that juicy if you go easy. 15miles per gallon on full throttle, and about 30mpg on light throttle.
You can`t beat that sound though, and you get addicted to plantin your right foot. :D

Anonymous
20-01-01, 04:03 PM
Hi Ged, I should be getting a GTe block in next saturday, and will have a weber carb for sale already with a pipercross filter bolted on!!
?100 would be fine and ill fit it for that cost!
I think you would be best gettin it RR tuned straight away that will cost ?40!
This includes new jets (i think a smaller main jet + larger idle jet is required!!)
If ya can get to Stoke ill fit it no prob!!!!

Dicko

Anonymous
21-01-01, 05:41 PM
Yea, u do really need the choke thingy, but i dont actually use mine!! I just start it up with foot on accelerator, keep it at 2k for 20 secs, then drive off, drop clutch slowely for first few mins!!! Then its ok!!