PDA

View Full Version : problems!!!!!!

Anonymous
18-01-01, 09:04 PM
Hello everybody. I have a problem with my SR1.4 ('91).It is hard to explain but I'll try,when i am drivin the car will be goin along fine then if i slow down to about 40mph in fifth gear and then accelerate (still in fifth) when the car reachs 3000rpm it start chuggin and splutterin and will not go above 3000rpm. But if you keep your foot to the floor it will clear after about ten second and the car will power on up the road. I have found that when it starts chuggin like this that it helps if I pull over and leave the car tick over for a minute , this will clear the problem for another 9 or 10 miles and then it will start splutterin and dyin at 3000rpm. Sorry for goin on a bit but it is hard to explain . it must be something to do with the fueling (pump,carb,etc) what do ye think . please help!!!!!!!

Anonymous
18-01-01, 11:06 PM
yes m8 i know what ur goin on about, i think? My m8's fiesta did this. He found out that some1 have put sugar in the tank before he had it and they didnt clean it properly. He put a petrol filter on the fuel pipe close to the carb and that solved the problem, but i think u should go to a garage for them to look at it. Hope i have helped

Cheers Si

Anonymous
19-01-01, 12:14 AM
looks like u r suffering from the fault most of us get with carb novas, frezzing.
this is a common prob on novas it can make it worse if u r running a K&N because the
carb is getting 2 much cold air, it will of then unfrezze when u stop because the air under
the bonnet is still and will be warmer.
if u have a K&N try ducting hot air from exhaust
area 2 carb or re fit stadard air box 4 winter. if it does it with
a standard air box on this usually points 2 a worn carb, best 2 raplace
with a 32/34 webber.

Anonymous
21-01-01, 08:42 AM
I've posted the same problem only today! I should have read this first doh!
Although, it's not as simple as freezing, as my problem (exactly as above), does not happen when it is cold, but ONLY when it's really fine misty rain! Symptoms are exactly as described above though! Strange, and it did happen with the standard air-box, but again, ONLY when it was misty rain - fine in heavy rain, as long as I wasn't on the motorway - the spray would be the problem then. Water must be getting into my carb! Only explanation?