PDA

View Full Version : Arches-is this the right place?

Anonymous
17-01-01, 08:54 PM
Its half styling and half technical, I didnt know which one to put it in so I put it in technical so all the mechs can help me out.Im after fitting 14"CD alloys to my nova, I know about the arch problems but what is best to do?-our mate hammered his lip over on the rear arches and now it looks rippled and horrid.I was thinking about grinding them about 5-7mm back but I dont know how much I need to,cheers in advance

Anonymous
18-01-01, 12:44 AM
dont grind them coz they will rust get them rolled coz the garage will use this filler stuff to prevent rust, any how with 14'' u probably wont need this unless u slammed it to the floor

Anonymous
18-01-01, 09:14 AM
Like brian says 14" should go without mods especially if they are 49mm vaux offset.

Anonymous
20-01-01, 09:24 PM
14 inchers will never need the arches doin.i got 15x7 and they only touched the arches slightly before i rolled em.

Anonymous
21-01-01, 08:53 AM
Is this normal:

My rear near-side wheel rubs on the shock absorber cover, under hard left-hand cornering, BUT, only when there is someone in the back, well, two people to be exact. It didn't do it in the past though, so I don't know why it does it now? At least it's only the plastic cover it rubs on, and not the shock it's self.
With the body roll whilst turning left, the suspension is raised at the near-side, which is like jacking up that side of the car. I've noticed that when I jack up the car at that side, and turn the wheel, it does rub on the plastic shock-cover, but is fine at normal height. I'm rambling now, so I'll say no more....(knackered - not been to bed yet - think zombie!)

Anonymous
21-01-01, 06:23 PM
Lol, well i got GTE alloys, on 185/60 rubber, and mine rub like fuck with passengers in the back!! I think its the arch lip rubbin! Im gonna grind a bit off n c if it helps!!

Dicko