PDA

View Full Version : GTE conversion

Anonymous
15-01-01, 06:12 PM
Hi, i've spoke to petermaiden today who adviced that i dont carb a GTE 1.6 block!! And that I should use the ECU etc!!
HAs any1 ever done this conversion from a carb, to injection? I was wondering if i need new fuel lines, or maybe even a GTE fuel tank? I'm not sure if they have a swirl pot? If so would it still run without new fuel lines?

Anonymous
15-01-01, 08:54 PM
i did this conversion, and needed to change the fuel tank as they do have a swirl pot, also the outlet is at rear of tank. u will also have 2 fit the fuel pump under the rear o/s of boot.
As 4 fuel lines injection ones r metal under car not plastic, u might b able 2 get away without changing but is does not take long.
the rest is a peice of piss with little wiring to do, just bolt on rest of goodies and your off.

Anonymous
17-01-01, 07:51 PM
The fuel lines are under greater pressure with the fuel pump and injectors, you need to use injector specific pipe, and I wouldn`t really trust plastic pipes under that pressure. The engine loom and ecu for a gte fit under the bonnet anyway so the wiring etc shouldn`t be that difficult.