PDA

View Full Version : weber 32/34 dmtl

Anonymous
11-01-01, 02:07 PM
i just fitted this carb on my sr after finding it on a scrap sr but i think its shit have to drive with the choke out cos if i go below 1000 revs it cuts out whats going on does it just need setting up or should i just put my peirburg back on.if it does need setting up how do i do it and what power increases can i expect also is fuel consumption better.please help cos my car is a nightmare to drive

Anonymous
11-01-01, 02:18 PM
Take it 2 an auto tuner. They will probably charge about ?20 and it'll b done right.DONT put the pierburg back on! theyre shite! stick 2 the weber.
good luck m8

Anonymous
11-01-01, 02:35 PM
I know f*** all about webers but I played with the little screw at the back of the carb near were the choke cable goes. (has a spring on the thread!) and it made the revs higher! have a play you may just find it! but I would go to the tuners' after you've got it running properly! Good Luck! Alex.

Anonymous
11-01-01, 02:40 PM
Let the car warm up to normal running temperature, and then alter the idle. That should sort it.

It you got it off of another car, I would get some of that 10k boost stuff. You spray in on to the air filter when the car is running and it will clean the carb out. I think your suppose to use 2 cans. If it still not running right, get hold of a 32/34 manual. There are 2 hole in the back of the carb, they should be bloked, cos they will draw in air other wise. This knocks the set up out the window.

Anonymous
11-01-01, 03:00 PM
No, ur all completely miles off!!! U have air leaking into ur carb below the fuel jet level. Take ur carb off, including all gaskets down to the inlet manifold, make sure all gaskets and parts are clean and not to greasy. Next put a thin layer of sealer on each side of each part. ( use sealer that doesnt react with petrol if u can get some!) This will cure ur problem. And also make sure the screws are as tight as u can get em! If u have probs with the carb coming loose then stick a little bit of locktite on the screws! But not too much!!

Anonymous
11-01-01, 06:11 PM
My money on changing the idle!

Anonymous
11-01-01, 06:23 PM
im running a weber mate, mine started to play up a bit the same as yours, it was the inlet manifold gasket which needed changing and the carb needed tightening down a bit.
Dont go back to the old pierburg as they are wank, youll get better economy from the weber and more power. after having mine rolling roaded i had 20 bhp up on standard fron k&n, exhaust and weber, the weber had to be re jetted as it was over fuelling on the primary jet and under fuelling on the secondary jet. webers rock!

Anonymous
12-01-01, 12:39 PM
Dicko, it could be a number of things.......dont b so specific! The jets could be worn,the chambers mayb rn't balaced,float level could b out....could b a number of things.......
any way take it 2 an auto tune centre.

jasonsmith1000
12-09-02, 10:43 PM
http://www.vauxnova.co.uk

Ste_Nova
13-09-02, 11:59 AM
20bhp? :twisted: sounds good.... i've got a fully rebuilt overbored 1.4sr engine with a 32/34 zorst and very skimmed head... need an adj pully and a tune...... but 20bhp sounds evil

mix n match
14-09-02, 06:49 PM
I have fitted 1 of these to my nova 1.4 and it splutters and coughs till it stalls unless i use the 2nd choke. this happen weather hot or cold.

this happens after puting my foot down so i think its fuel starvation but it does not recover, when i keep the revs low for a while then put my foot down its off like a rocket with no probs.

I am after opinions here, how can i fix it (had it crypton tuned this morning but no better) :o :?: :evil: :?: :o

Dicko
15-09-02, 09:27 AM
did they change the jets? most places wont b able to do this, u need to go on a rolling road to have it setup corectly!
had mine on a 1.3sr, it was an oldish 1 and i bodged it on as quickly as possible had no idea wot i was doing, it worked fined apart from it would cut out on idle every so often whne the bolts holding it down were comin loose :s

hehe