PDA

View Full Version : 1.3SR speed

Anonymous
10-01-01, 11:13 PM
is it normal for my 1.3Sr to go 120mph. A gte was racing me and it couldn't get past down the dual carridge way, it pulled out and up to about 120mph it was just sat there and couldn't get any further. I was attacked by a 205 GTI as well which didn;t get past untill i got to about 80. THis just seems a bit strange as i thought GTE's where well quick

Anonymous
10-01-01, 11:19 PM
No this isnt normal! The chances are it is fast and ur clock is way out!! These clocks have a reputation for being out! I can easily beat a GTE but I cant go past 116Mph and i have lots of engine mods!!

Anonymous
10-01-01, 11:30 PM
i rebuilt the engine and put new rings and ground the valves in but i also got the head skimmed coz it was a bit scabby with bits of old gaskets. The guy i got it of didn't look after it. THe cam shaft was knackered and it smashed two of the rockers to pieces. But it goes alright now. Maybe its the head skimming that does it

Anonymous
10-01-01, 11:53 PM
Easily beat a GTE?I think u lot have been racing snides!Your SR's are all geared well and nippy like all novas,but I can tell you now any one of ya wouldnt last long against a good GTE,or a rapid one like mine.Dream on boys.

Anonymous
10-01-01, 11:57 PM
I saw 112 out of my 1.2 the other day, and don't say its dodgy clocks coz my car shows a lower speed if anything which i know 4 a fact. I usually only gets to a indicated 104 but i just carried on the other day i had a big open duel carrage way!!

Anonymous
11-01-01, 10:45 AM
I reckon my 1300 would do a gte (obviouly not modded up to the eye-balls). Mines on the featured cars-Dan Widger's SR.

Anonymous
11-01-01, 12:53 PM
LOL !! Dream on.... ! LOL I think you will find the GTE ratio gearbox is lower at top end. So the GTE will have a higher top end!! But if you have had your engine skimmed etc then it could be poss!! * or that GTE driver was not giving it all hes got, or its a poor GTE!!! Im sure my GTE would keep on going, *not done it yet :)!*

Anonymous
11-01-01, 01:26 PM
Or it was a 1.2 done up like a GTE. Or the guy didn't want to push his engine to the limits. There's a thousand possibilities. The fact is if you put a 1.3sr against a GTE down a 1/4 mile strip with 2 capable drivers the gte is going to come out on top 95% of the time. I'm sure someone out there has got a 1.3 sr out there that could beat a gte, but it'll probably have twin webers on rather than just a new exhaust and a K+N. I'm not having a go at anyone but these claims come out every time a post mentions speed.

Anonymous
11-01-01, 01:46 PM
theres alot of scrapper gtes out there as well.

Anonymous
11-01-01, 01:53 PM
we will see all this top speed bollox sorted out at the rolling road

Anonymous
11-01-01, 02:30 PM
Actually Lee if you look at my car spec you'll find that I have had the head skimmed, and all the ports made bigger. It would beat a lightly modded GTE, cos I have. The only was 4 me to prove it is 4 some one to organise a rolling road shoot out down south.

Anonymous
11-01-01, 03:26 PM
Dan, yeah we will have to organise a rolling road down south ? Im from the Bourenmouth area? I know the rest of the lads are sorting out a rolling road up north, but its too much of a drive for me!.