PDA

View Full Version : -35mm Springs> Fitting?

Anonymous
10-01-01, 12:21 PM
Hi guys (and little pecker)

How easy is it to fit -35mm springs to a 1.3sr F reg nova? I have a basic car knowledge, so is it best left to the experts? If so, how much will they rob me?

I am also wanting to get some 15" alloys for my motor, where should I get them from? (I am after some cheap one's that are off a Vauxhall, like some calibra alloys or summit. I'm only looking to pay about ?150 with tyres. I can find some for sale in Loot etc. but then there's the issue of going half way across the country to pick them up...should I ring round a few scrappers or what?)

Cheers for answering my 101 questions ;)

Ged
------------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
10-01-01, 12:47 PM
you could get them new for about ?65.(just springs) Going that low, you won't need to uprate your shocks. If you have the money get the shocks 2, but otherwise I wouldn't worry.

Anonymous
10-01-01, 12:49 PM
e-mail sent about wheels

Anonymous
10-01-01, 02:11 PM
The only bit that can be a pain(if you haven't got the tools) is removeing the old springs from the shocks, hire some spring compressors if you can, other than that it is a piece of piss. I did it to 2 of my cars, it took about 1 and a half hours(cos it was cold and raining!!!) The whole shock/spring etc. just unbolts and lifts out under the wing and then you can do the springs on a worksurface or something.

Anonymous
10-01-01, 02:11 PM
forgot to say, Have your haynes near by if you are unsure about anything!!!!

Anonymous
10-01-01, 07:13 PM
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A 19MM DEEP REACH RING SPANNER!, I didn't and it took me hours!

Anonymous
10-01-01, 07:28 PM
ive answered on the other forum and i changed the whole strut unit so have a look at my comments on the general chat forum! very amusing!!!

cheers novachick

Anonymous
10-01-01, 07:54 PM
Depending on how many times you will use it, Sealy spring compressors are only 20-odd quid for a pair. The deep 19mm ring spanner`s a defo, also 9mm socket and rachet to stop the shocker rod from turning.