PDA

View Full Version : 18's kahn rsr

Anonymous
06-01-01, 08:54 PM
I want to get 18's on my nova at the mo it's almost standard part from my zorst and my i.c.e.! how much rolling will be needed? how much would it cost roughly?

Anonymous
07-01-01, 01:12 AM
Why not try some tractor wheels, they would be far easier to fit. Come on, I don't know exactly how much rolling would be needed, but how many corners do you have to drive around daily? - do you really think you could hit a bump on a corner and get away without the front arches fouling?

Anonymous
07-01-01, 10:01 AM
yeah i've taking that sort of stuff! and living in london it really bad as there's too many humps etc! i may just get 16's 17's? 18's still considering! that's what pinky has

Anonymous
07-01-01, 10:52 AM
i rekon i could fit em on a 35mm drop

Anonymous
07-01-01, 01:18 PM
Dom from kingdom told me that his rear arches are rolled back to the maximum and they rub the inner arch, the front arches are ones kingdom sell with larger flares. Rick

Anonymous
07-01-01, 04:49 PM
ypu can just cut the front arches back as much as required

Anonymous
07-01-01, 08:48 PM
i've been quoted ?3700 for the job, with that sive wheel u'll need c.v joints etc... then the cost of the wheel ?1700 i think i'll wait!

Anonymous
08-01-01, 08:32 PM
How much are the Kingdon Arches? are they a direct bolt on replacement?

Anonymous
08-01-01, 10:55 PM
the fronts not the prob the back has to be cut and pulled 4 inches!!! and it weakens it!!!

Anonymous
08-01-01, 11:24 PM
The rear arches on the kingdom car are standard, just rolled! The front one are cut and pulled. Rick

Anonymous
09-01-01, 12:31 AM
Keith, yes they are a direct bolt on replacement for the standard front arches, They are standard front arches pulled wider and the hole fiber glassed up and smoothed. Rick

Anonymous
09-01-01, 12:49 AM
please will everyone stop this 18's nonesense. they look shite coz theyre far too big for a nova. even 17's look way to big. imagine what u r doing to the performance of the car. when i changed from standard 14's to 15's my car just wasnt anywhere near as fast. all this flared arches by 4 inches is pointless, it looks stupid. just keep the classic shape of the car and have it really low on a smart set of 15's. look way better than 17's or 18's

Anonymous
09-01-01, 11:26 AM
Yam Yam leader take a look at the purple widearch nova on 17's in last months Max Power and tell me it looks crap! Or Ian Storey's. I agree that Pinky's 18's are a bit over the top but it's a demonstrator for his company to show the kind of mods he's capable of. I think he's drives a Civic type r day to day coz the handling is so bad on the nova.

Anonymous
09-01-01, 07:17 PM
I drive a GTE on 17`s, and it`s dropped 60 front/ 40 back. If you set the tracking/camber up (which every one should do really as lowering your car fucks the geometry up anyway) it handles just as good as before. Fair enough there`s a lot of arch work to be done, but performance wise it only knocks of a bit of acceleration and you get lower engine revs for the same speed which makes driving it more comfortable. Fair enough, lower capacity cars may suffer but if you`ve got a 1.6 or higher go for it! Modded 1.4 could cope as well I imagine.