PDA

View Full Version : HELP RUST

Anonymous
05-01-01, 10:24 PM
alrigh boys i ad a shock 2day i lifted up the carpet in my boot of my nova sr and fuck me in both corners under the the rear light cluster rust has taken over the metal and i poked it though wiv me fingers woops nows theres a bit of a hole, what would u boys suggest could i get a plate welded over there and has any 1 else had this prob and what did they do.

Anonymous
06-01-01, 06:51 PM
Best thing to do is cut the rust out completely and weld a plate over, give it loads of paint to stop it happening again!

Anonymous
06-01-01, 06:52 PM
happens in novas sadly.
get it welded.
Its an MOT failure as well.

make sure all the rust gets cut away to clean metal. welder should do it anyway.never hurts to say though

Anonymous
06-01-01, 06:52 PM
happens in novas sadly.
get it welded.
Its an MOT failure as well.

make sure all the rust gets cut away to clean metal. welder should do it anyway.never hurts to say though

Anonymous
07-01-01, 01:04 AM
Yeah,

This sounds *very* familiar. My SR has rust all along the back inside the boot and has gone right thru in places. I don't know if its an MOT failure if its further than 30mm from a penscribed area.

Anonymous
07-01-01, 04:52 PM
cut the rust back till it is all removed then put new metal in, then waxoil all the new panels from ontop and underneath, but you coul just cut out the boot floor and have a center exit exhaust

Anonymous
07-01-01, 06:04 PM
mines the same ill lose my spare wheel soon?

Anonymous
07-01-01, 08:27 PM
On rust prevention generally try clean oil twice a year(best applied in dry conditons) all over the underneath of the car taking xtra care to get into all nooks holes and crannies. Also remove window trim and all boot trim to get access to arches, doors and sills etc. This is best done with a sprayer as it can blast where other beers cannot reach.Make sure you pull all seat belts out so that you don't get any oil on them. It's a big no -no from health and safety point of view and messy(dont breathe the spray in!) but it will stop rust from spreading since it soaks in and spreads much better than wax oil.Dont use old engine oil as it has acids etc in it.