PDA

View Full Version : 17'ssssssssssss

Anonymous
05-01-01, 04:43 PM
Anyone fitted 17's b4. my brothers got a GSI with 15's on it and hes cut the arches at the back but its still pretty damn close even with 15's. If he wants to get some 17's on there what else would be needed to be done to the rear arches.
P.S he has an AVO Coilover kit with adjustable height and damper shocks, dont know if that helped.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Anonymous
05-01-01, 07:16 PM
Fit low offset wheels, et 36ish to avoid hitting the rear shockers+mounts. you need to lower it -40 at least to get it to look any good, the kit fitted will be lower anyway. The rear inner wings need rolling out a fair amount to clear the tyres (205/40/17) I`d get a bodyshop to do this if you can afford it. Its possible the rear arches may need painting after modification.

Anonymous
06-01-01, 01:03 AM
Ian story uses 45mm offset wheels and the kingdom nova on 18" uses 45mm offset wheels and his arches are rolled on the rear and that is it! he says they only rub a little on the rear inner wings when he is driving it hard! 36mm off set would make the wheels rub the outer arch to hell even after it has been rolled or cut, and on the front it would stick out a mile. Go for 17*7.0" Kahn RS-R wheels with a 45mm offset, no other offset will do, it will totaly arse what handling you have left on 17's up!

Anonymous
06-01-01, 11:58 AM
cheers

Anonymous
06-01-01, 02:37 PM
17' VOODOOS LOOK THE BOLLOCKS,BUT HARD TO GET HOLD OF NOW, DONT DO VAUXHALL OFF SET NO MORE.

Anonymous
06-01-01, 06:49 PM
If you want full suspension travell with 17`s on It`s not possible with et45 as the wheel will hit the rear suspension mount on 1 side (the possition of the rear hubs varies slightly apparently) If you go et45 as I have on mine you`ll have to bumpstop the rear quite a bit. I`ve seen a gsi with -60 and et36`s on. The option I`ve taken is to spacer the back wheels out (et45)by 3/4 of an inch and fit wider arches, to keep the suspension travell and improve ride quality, it`s no fun driving a brick with big wheels!