PDA

View Full Version : Fecking Arse !! help pleeze

Anonymous
04-01-01, 05:18 PM
O.K heres the scenario.
I have a 1.4sr 1991 H on TSW Alpines 15's which are 6.5".
I had it lowered on 60mm springs with GSI standard shocks, no probs !!
The time came to upgrade the shocks so I got a full kit 60mm drop on performace shocks and fitted it. The back is fine no probs (the arches are cut right back) but the fron is rubbing like a mother fuc*er ! It was so bad I have had to take off the drivers side wheel (coz this side was worse for some reason) and put my 14" spare wheel on. Its the same drop just with higher spec shocks, what the fuc*s going on ??? Anyone with any help, I would appreciate it.
Cheers for help in advance.

Anonymous
04-01-01, 05:28 PM
I bet your running it on 195/50/15's, if you are, you need 45's.

Anonymous
04-01-01, 05:40 PM
yeah they are 195/55/15's but 5mm wouldn't make enough difference to this, they aren't just scraping a little bit they are scrapping on every little bump in the road. I expect them to rub on hard turns or roundabouts but not everytime I brake or drive over a the slightest bump ?
Do you think it mite be coz the springs are made by different companies ?

Anonymous
04-01-01, 05:51 PM
It might be, but can't say 4 def. I have mine lowered 60mm on a full jammex kit. I have got no lips on the rears and full lip on the front, on 195/45/15's, but my wheels are vauxhall ones, so I have the correct off set. What is your off set on your alpines.

Anonymous
04-01-01, 06:10 PM
Dunno, they are 6.5" but I think they mite be the wrong offset coz if I look from above on the wing I can see the tyre and wheel sticking out anbout 5 or 6 mm when the wheels are straight. The thing is they were fine before on the old 60mm springs, this is why its pissing me off!

Anonymous
04-01-01, 06:20 PM
have you tried your old springs and the new shocks together?

Anonymous
04-01-01, 06:23 PM
No, coz i bloody well sold em !

Anonymous
04-01-01, 06:33 PM
oops!

Anonymous
04-01-01, 06:39 PM
big fecking oops!
Cheers 4 trying to help.

Anonymous
04-01-01, 10:37 PM
i have a similar problem, i am also running tsw alpines on my 1.4 SR, with them i'm running the spax sport kit and 195/45/15's
My front wheels have never scrubed and neither has my passenger side rear. However my drivers side rear is always scuffing, Just Novas said it was due to novas not having central rear axles, and that all novas rear axles are a always a bit to the left or the right. Does anyone have any solutions to this ?????

Anonymous
05-01-01, 11:26 AM
you should ask the bloke you sold them 2 if he'd swap them 4 your new ones. Anything is worth a try now.

Anonymous
05-01-01, 02:34 PM
Thats what I am doing, Im thinking that the springs that I have put on there now are probably a bit lowere than the old 60mm ones so Im gonna try that on saturday.

Anonymous
05-01-01, 03:06 PM
good luck!

I'm going to try and fit my rs recaros in tomorrow, it shloud be fun!

Anonymous
05-01-01, 04:33 PM
It'll probably piss down all day now !

Anonymous
05-01-01, 05:50 PM
It better not! If your car isn't sorted will you be going down there in your brothers car?

Anonymous
06-01-01, 03:58 PM
chenaces are, the springs you bought first werent actually -60mm springs, now you have the proper kit its gone lower.

As for nova-run, there is a wierd thing with the driver and passenger side rears on a nova. For some reason there is more clearance onthe passenger side, the only reason i can think of is something to do with the filler cap and hose. Get the drivers side ground out a bit and youll be ok

Anonymous
06-01-01, 07:04 PM
Have you refitted the bumpstops to the front shox?

Anonymous
08-01-01, 12:09 PM
yeah I did refit the bumpstops. On sunday I got hold of my m8 who i sold em to and swapped the springs back to my old 60 mm ones. Not 1 bit of difference !!!!!
So I then swapped the shocks back to my old GSI ones at the fron with the new 60mm springs and its fine. So its obvioulsy the fecking shocks !! Now I have to get soem different shocks. Bollox

Anonymous
08-01-01, 03:32 PM
You could always pull your arches out? thats what I'm doing to my rear arches as the wheels are the wrong offset, so the rear arches are getting knocked out to give me clearance for a 35mm drop. I too stare down over the front wheels to see them sticking out. Not alot you can do apart from buying the correct offset wheel.