PDA

View Full Version : Camber adjustment

Anonymous
03-01-01, 07:49 PM
I`ve nearly fucked the inside of both front tyres (205/40/17) because of lowering it. How long does the top hole have to be elongated for a -40 drop, 8 inch tyres to sort it out? (It`s an `88 GTE). Any help / tips would be apreciated as I`m butchering my shocker bottoms tomorrow.

Anonymous
03-01-01, 08:19 PM
okay kieth listen to this

i stuck a new set ov pirellis on 1 montn ago and now there getting replaced coz theres no tread left.tracking adjusted itself sum how and camber fucked em up

i did mine on new years eve in the pissing snow.
what i did was mark outwards about 9mm and redrilled the top mounts. wacked it all back to gether and got it retracked. i still have a small amount ov negitive camber on the front "which u need really" but now i get to use all ov my tread instead ov just the inside 10mm!

minesl lowerd more than yours so i would say half my measurements and u should be ok

make sure u are meticulous about your marking and drilling coz u dont want em wonky

u got the arches yet? i was offerd a set ov 4 widearches 2 days ago for ?100

Anonymous
04-01-01, 10:57 AM
if your running 17" on a 12 year old car i'd take bets your bushes are fucked

Anonymous
05-01-01, 07:09 PM
Cheers Micky, I`ve gone out 4 mm and it seems to have done the trick, can`t reall tell without a camber gauge. May fit the track control arm kit if it`s still out and get it set up professionally. I`ve got the rear arches ready to fit when the weather picks up, I`ve allready performed major arch mods (rebuilt the rear buckets for max clearance, using my new mig welder i got for crimbo :) ) Ste, I`ve had a play with the bushes and they seem ok, may replace them anyway to be on the safe side.

Anonymous
06-01-01, 07:05 PM
same ere im gonna renovate my car after the winter coz the back arches are shot implanning to redo the sides after all the winter shit passes