PDA

View Full Version : Uprated Brakes/Wheels

Anonymous
29-12-00, 11:42 AM
If I put 15" wheels on with 185 tyres, will I still need a 49 offset??

I also want to upgrade the brakes. I can get Astra 16v callipers/disks/pads for ?180 (all new parts). I know I need bigger wheels which is the reason I'm changing them, but do I need anything else?

Anonymous
29-12-00, 06:06 PM
officially you should have the 49 offset otherwise it supposidly wrecks the handling and they might rub on the rear arches.

Anonymous
30-12-00, 11:58 AM
I managed to get Astra GSi calipers and pads for about ?40 second hand, I then bought some other little bits(about ?15) and reconditioned the calipers myself and got some Astra GSi discs aswell. the whole lot came to about ?95!! They work perfectly well, I would go to a scrapyard if I were you, unless you can't be bothered with the hassle of cleaning the calipers(but get new discs!!!!)

Anonymous
30-12-00, 05:46 PM
is the car lowered?
wrong offset wheels are meant to rub more than the rite offset.
15's will probably catch on the rear anyway with a load of fat boy mates(or girls-whatever does it for u)

Anonymous
03-01-01, 09:43 AM
It is lowered. Just using springs. I rarely take people in the back, so I don't think that will be much of a problem.

I like the wheels (anyone know what they are?) on the white Nova on the login page, but I presume they are 17's which means a bit more serious mods doesn't it?