PDA

View Full Version : GSI BUMPER

Anonymous
18-07-00, 12:08 AM
I have a Gsi bumper for my MK1 nova sr it fits on ok but there is a large gap between the headlamps and bumper. I did not think that there was much i could do about this until i read REDLINE magasine which had the same bumper but he had modified it to get it to fit properly. If any one knows how to do it please let me know.

Cheers guys

Anonymous
18-07-00, 07:09 PM
i've got the same problem with my sri bumpers on my mk1.
But while it was being resprayed I noticed while the bloke was taking the bumper off that there were to plastic flaps on the front where the old bumper finished('bout half way) If you take these off,switch them over and turn em upside down and it should do a job of it. But i haven't tried it yet as the bloke is still spraying it as i type. if it works i'll let u know.

Anonymous
20-07-00, 06:30 PM
hey what u can do is change the gsi carrier bar on the back ov the bumper for a standerd mk1 item this will pull the bumper further back in. the second thing u can do is dismantell the carrier bar brackets (the ones that go into ur inner wings to bolt the bumper on) if u elongate the holes slightly u will be able to make the bumper sit about 2 or 3mm higher up towards the headlamps. the third and finall trick is to dive under ur wheel arches and finnd the holes under the inner wings that the bumper bar bolts through, if u elongate theese slightly upwards then the bumper will be pulled further up towards the headlamps and that should hide the gap (it did for me when mine was a mk1 front end wiv a gsi bumper)

the only other way is to modd the bumper so the rear edge is pulled further back under the headlamps via plastic welding and fibreglass.

i didnt fancy choping my new bumper so i modded the metal work and it look spot on b4 i drove into a lampost!!!!!!!
hence the new mk2 front end dohhhh

elgan i know what u mean about the pastic bits i tried and they looked shit they didnt fit as well as i thought they were gonna coz they leave bits at the edges

Anonymous
20-07-00, 06:34 PM
Cheers for your help Micky I will be trying that out shortly i will let you know how it went