PDA

View Full Version : MICKY OWENS!

Anonymous
17-07-00, 12:03 PM
Micky, it has to be said u r a star. I posted a message last week asking about fitting central locking to my 92 nova.
You replied saying how u used Volvo 360GLS solenoids, i have to admit i was a bit sceptical at first but i went to a
few scrappies but all i could find (volvo-wise)with central locking was an old Volvo 440. They had the 4 wires like u
sed but the one that was supposed to b red was red&blue striped, but i took them any way. The fat man at the scrappie
tried to charge me ?20! I told im where to go, we argued and settled on ?10. Fitting was a piece of piss, they work fine.
I did have a minor problem with the nuts that held the solenoids to the door, being quite large they pushed me door trim
out quite a bit, so i just took the nuts off, sawed them in half, put the half-nuts back on instead and cut off the rest of the
bolt that stuck out,problem solved! Top-one, Nice-one u'r a fooking genius micky!
Once again, Cheers
Tony.
P.S-any idea how to go about fitting electric windows??

Anonymous
17-07-00, 06:39 PM
yeah but it costs more than a tenner! told u there the same motors rnt they easy peasy why spend loads and loads on central locking when u can get them for a tenner? best thing is that they can fit just about any car in the world cause most ov em use the same motors

i just used self tapping screws through the inner door skin and into the motrs to hold mine on, did u use the terminal blocks like i said with the peice ov metal coat hanger?