PDA

View Full Version : bodykit + wheels

Anonymous
19-03-01, 09:01 PM
If I were to get the bodykit on pinky's nova (type k?) what size wheels would I need for it not to look silly. He has 18's but thats obviously not possible for my sr. I was thinking 16's so that I don't mess up the gearing but how much would I have to modify the arches and would this look ok? I reakon they would be too small but my dad rekons they should look alright. Help!!! :D

Anonymous
19-03-01, 09:25 PM
The body kit doesn't have flared arches included. But with a bumper that size you'll need a widearch kit to balance it out (take note lancy :D). On a widearch nova you want to be looking at 17's at least. Although if you ask Ian (Storey) he'll call you a poof and tell you to get 18"s. Either should go on without a problem but you'll have to work out what offset will fill the arches.

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
19-03-01, 10:21 PM
but the gearing will make the car really slow off the mark which is what I'm worried about because I need the thing to be drivable. Ian's got 2.0l's to play with so the gearing shouldn't matter. Has anyone else got big wheels with a smallish engine?

Anonymous
19-03-01, 10:25 PM
Mine's only a 1.4 SR but i'm going big wheels and mad bodykit later on this year.

It'll be a while before i get a bigger engine in mine.

Sod speed. When your car looks good you want to cruise around so people see the car.

Anonymous
19-03-01, 10:35 PM
I might have to go for that then. I'd probably go for 17's for the least compromise and looks. What bodykit were you gonna get?

Anonymous
20-03-01, 12:03 PM
It's a bit mix & match to make it a one off. Generally though it will be a Jap style kit. I'm thinking of sticking 18's on after goading from Ian. It all depends if i've got cash for 18's after paying for the kit and respray.

Anonymous
20-03-01, 07:19 PM
yeah but big ger wheels than 15 and itl start to handle like a barge,
in fact fact with 18 its will be like a barge on ice with a blind women driving,
will look good though!!

Anonymous
20-03-01, 07:58 PM
Ian Storeys has got 17's on and goes pretty damn well round the bends.

OK with the wide arch kit and silly offset and 18's the handling won't be brilliant but i don't care, it's all about the looks.

Anonymous
20-03-01, 08:20 PM
It would look nice but your going to get baited by w*****s in bmw's and golf gti's. And not have the power to make them feel stupid. :>

Anonymous
20-03-01, 08:28 PM
oh well I suppose a 1.3 isn't gonna be that quick anyway is it! Seriously thinking about the pinky kit does anyone know any prices? I think I'll flare the front arches as well. would I be able to beat a bmw or golf gti anyway?!

Anonymous
20-03-01, 08:34 PM
Someone was selling most of the pinky kit on novatrader a couple of days back.

Otherwise the prices are in the post "Pinky Bumper" in this forum.

Anonymous
20-03-01, 08:55 PM
you would beat them if you swapped the engine. Nothing to mad just a 1.8 out of a cav would shock them and you can pick them up for next to nothing.

Anonymous
20-03-01, 08:58 PM
I'll think about an engine swap when fully comp insurance is below ?2000 :D

Anonymous
20-03-01, 09:51 PM
I'm not even 17 yet so I think that an engine swap is out of the equation! I'm gonna go for looks and when the bastard costs less than the debt of a third world country I'll put a bigger engine in it! :D