PDA

View Full Version : Electric passenger-door mirror?

Anonymous
12-03-01, 04:43 AM
I know from my old Vauxhall/Opel brochures, that one option on the MKI Novas, was an electric passenger-door mirror, but has anyone ever seen a Nova with one fitted??

In case you've ever wondered what that space was for on the MKI dash, to the left of the head-light switch...that's where the mirror control switch went.

I just wondered, 'cos I've never seen one, with it fitted.
One of those would be handy for parking outside my house, 'cos I sometimes have to adjust the passenger mirror to look down, so that I don't drive over anything I shouldn't.

Anonymous
12-03-01, 10:52 AM
I had electric mirrors on my mk2 sr

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
12-03-01, 02:09 PM
you can fit the astra mirrors internals inot a nova mirror.

X-( I'm mean and i don't care :D
[naked_davo]Citroens

[burn_ford]

[pug_dog]

Ian@novaload.net

Anonymous
13-03-01, 01:22 AM
ste....where they a Vauxhall fitment/option?

Ian....I'll have a look at that..cheers

Anonymous
13-03-01, 01:13 PM
Ive been messin about with my extras at the mo,now I have gained a light in the glove compartment,the holes already there,all u need to do is get an interior curtesy light from the scrappy(stash in pocket) n if u can find one,a small switch from the glove compartment to the left,the wirings already there,so is the bits for a fag lighter but I aint sure about fitting a fag lighter cos it makes peeps more likely to smoke.I have also found that there can be a light in the boot,but I havent found the wiring yet n dont know where the switch fits. As for elecrtic mirrors,they are hard to find at scrappies,theyre one of the first things to go on most cars.If ur desperate for the parts visit the breakers regularly to get a better chance of the good things off cars

Anonymous
13-03-01, 08:25 PM
theres n advert in the back of fast car for astra gte elctric mirrors for ?10 which is about what ud pay at a breakers,Performance Vauxhall Spares Centre-01255670670-www.vpsc.co.uk if these are any help to u

Anonymous
14-03-01, 02:32 AM
Talking of extra lights bob.....I fitted foot-well lights, using a couple of lights the same as on the ceiling.
They're wired up to the same circuit from the door plungers, so they come on when you open the doors, and also, when you put the interior light on, with the light switch.

I've also fitted a boot light, but with a separate switch, 'cos I couldn't get hold of the proper plunger (to work from tailgate as it opens), from a scrappy.
I also did the glove box - handy at night to make sure I don't leave any CDs or owt behind.