PDA

View Full Version : V Mesh Grille

Anonymous
28-02-01, 11:46 PM
Wot do people think to v mesh grilles on a mk II. I can't decide whether to bother or not.

Anonymous
01-03-01, 01:51 AM
I think they look meaner without the V grill, like the Calibra for example - I hate the later ones with the V. Well, not hate, but I don't like 'em as much as the earlier ones without it.

Anonymous
01-03-01, 11:07 AM
It works on some Novas, and not on others. I'm considering doing it on mine, but I'm not sure yet. It's personnal choice at the end of the day.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
01-03-01, 04:01 PM
minging !

I H8 fat wankers in Lorries !!!!!
:O:O:O

Anonymous
02-03-01, 12:55 AM
Yep...personal choice.
A few of the feature cars have got 'em, and they look good....so, still go for it SlimJim.
I'd thought of doing my self, but wasn't sure. As I said, I think they look meaner without the V.

Anonymous
02-03-01, 08:42 AM
I don't like em, but that's my personal choice.

GSi For sale :)
lee@novaload.net
j903gft@yahoo.co.uk

Anonymous
02-03-01, 09:43 AM
I've just seen a Calibra with the V grill, it looks really cool. Whatever I decide to do, it's gonna have to wait for a while :(

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
02-03-01, 10:34 AM
yeah i think it looks a bit too busy at the front with the V on. Its down to personal choice at the end of the day. Look at pictures of both and decide which one you like.

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
02-03-01, 07:12 PM
it all depends on the rest of the car, if you have a subtly styled nova, then you don't want to go placing a big silver v on the front, but if you have a more over the top car then maybe it would work.
my personal opinion is that they look good, but it is down to you.

Anonymous
02-03-01, 08:05 PM
im not to keen on them, i always go for replacing the standard slats with stainless or aluminium mesh, easy to do,looks well mean,ang cheap(only if u buy the mesh from somewhere like 'do it all' from a car shop it costs shitloads.

Anonymous
03-03-01, 12:46 AM
Use mesh from a garden center! Dirt cheep!

Anonymous
03-03-01, 03:34 AM
i saw that you can use plastic mesh and spray it what ever colour. that way its esier to mount on the plastic grill surround :) just like the slats you could heat weld it in. cunning or what!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
03-03-01, 11:43 PM
I used plastic mesh at first attempt, but it was so week, it just flopped about in the wind! Even after pulling it really tight, it was floppy, so I ditched it, and used galvanised steel mesh instead.

Anonymous
04-03-01, 02:23 PM
whats the point of ripping all the plastic out, meshing it then putting the v grille back on?

Anonymous
04-03-01, 04:01 PM
its apparently called styling!! i cant see how a V grill can look good but hey

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D