PDA

View Full Version : Roof gutter removal

Anonymous
26-02-01, 08:27 PM
My wide arch nova is getting ever nearer to respray day, finally! Just one quesion though; can you grind off the roof gutters without having to do any welding afterwards, has anyone else removed them? Cheers for any help lads!

Anonymous
26-02-01, 08:45 PM
The so called roof gutters are where the roof section is welded to the sides and rear quarters. If ya remove it without welding, you`ll have a convertible, cool! :D

Anonymous
27-02-01, 10:04 AM
i think it will be like if you de seam a mini. it will fold up on a corner lol

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
27-02-01, 02:23 PM
Good Idea, but theres no real need to get rid of the gutters. I had my car re-sprayed and they removed the grey plastic that covered the gutters and then sprayed them the same colour as the car. They look perfectly fine like that, plus, If you have a dodgy seal around your window, the gutter helps to stop water going straight towards your window. It's your choice at the end of the day, talk it over with the guy thats spraying the car.
Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
27-02-01, 08:06 PM
I think i`ll leave `em on, don`t like that convertible idea mutch!

Anonymous
28-02-01, 08:52 PM
not to do with the gutter, but do you have contact details for the wide arch kit? if so is it the prima rallcross kit, and how much do the arches and skirts cost? thanks for any information, alex.

Anonymous
01-03-01, 07:37 PM
Magnum Motorsport, 01744 612361, about ?300, I haven`t seen the prima kit so I couldn`t tell you but they`re WIDE! (and a right pain in the arse to fit!)