PDA

View Full Version : spray spray spray

Anonymous
24-02-01, 06:58 PM
does anyone know roughly how much a top coat respray is gonna cost me?
by this i mean take off bumpers and mask windows, sort the small amounts of rust, de-lock it and then spray. i just need a rough idea if anyone can help ?
thanks,
ryan B-)

Anonymous
25-02-01, 10:38 AM
about ?500 i would say for decent job
i have seen ?200 jobs and genrally there shit (like the rust returns and u polish em once and the transparent)
dpends on the painter and weather or not u know him etc etc

mine was origanlly painted 2 or 3 years ago by a painter at the garage i worked at for ?25 a pannel (the 2 wings and grill cost me ?30 all in)

the paint job was spot on and was never machine polished etc etc coz it was a insurance repair centre and these lads are shit hot.
prob was that one ov the back quarters was painted by a young "yoppa" (take this a dickhead)
he ground one back arch down and painted it (nice paintwork no polishing needed) only he forgot (silly prick) to prime the metal underneath and it rusted badly.
i am now trying to get myself motivated to actually goto the pannel shop tobuy sum new arches and wings (i have enquired about vented wings from cool louvres) and theres a few peeps want to paint the car when its finnished, what im gonna do is sort my bonnet out first and give it to a painter my brother knows, if he paints it good he can do the car if its shit i tell him to feck off and go elsewhere.

he has quoted me about ?200 to do both sides and the tailgate which isnt bad really.

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
26-02-01, 02:35 PM
Don't rush in getting the job done. I ended up getting some work done on my car and he didn't do a very good job at all. Try and get some recommendations, although if you can, inspect the work yourself before you take your car to the place thats been recommended. Otherwise shop around until you find somewhere that your happy with. At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
26-02-01, 08:24 PM
Micky, get fibreglass rear 1/4s like me, they`ll never rust!!!! :D

Anonymous
03-03-01, 02:59 PM
i got the rust and a few little dents takenout, de-locked, whole lot including bodykit re-sprayed for ?500....really good job but i knew the guy...