PDA

View Full Version : MESH GRILL

Anonymous
19-02-01, 11:01 PM
NE ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET HOLD OF A MESH GRILL AND HOW MUCH ARE THEY?
IF NOT COULD I MAKE ONE UP BY USING THE EXSISTING GRILL THAT I HAVE?
CHEERS
DAN

I HATE KIDS IN THEIR MUMS CARS THAT DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO PUT PETROL IN!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
20-02-01, 12:11 AM
easy 2 make 1, well mine i did was a mk1 nova sr grill (the one where the sluts are seperate from the suround. just whip it off with the 3 screws then rip off the old sluts. get your mesh and cut if to a shape a bit bigger then attatch it. i used alradite and wish i hadnt if i was 2 do it again id use p40 or whatever the number thing for fiberglass is.

Anonymous
20-02-01, 02:34 AM
Dead easy to do as said above.
See the guide on www.topbuzz.net

I converted a standard grill, which was a pain to do. I had to cut out the fixed slats (leaving the top one to be different), and then fill and smooth over the triangle-holes left down the sides.
Dirt cheap to do though - ?3 for the grill, ?5 for a sheet of galvanised steel mesh (far more than I needed)
Plus a bit of P40 and contour putty and paint of course - which I already had.

It's miles easier to just get an SR/GTE grill though. MKII grills are just as easy BTW.

Anonymous
20-02-01, 09:01 AM
My MK2 grille was a piece of piss to make. Take off the original, cut the slats out, cut meshe to slightly bigger, use small screws to attatch mesh to underside of grille, making sure it's tight. I also then added the GSi badge back on with araldite and for the ultimate pose, made a bad boy bass port cold air duct. Check the pic on http://www.novaload.net/content/image.asp?rrdp=756486899

will someone buy my car :)
lee@novaload.net

Anonymous
20-02-01, 11:59 AM
cheers lads i will give it a go
dan

I HATE KIDS IN THEIR MUMS CARS THAT DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO PUT PETROL IN!!!!!!!!