PDA

View Full Version : GSi/GTE Side Skirts and 1.3SR Door Strips?

Anonymous
18-02-01, 08:04 PM
I have got those plastic door strips attached along the sides of my car and i cant remove cos there is all these metal fasteners along the doors which are stuck into the door! so is it possible to fit Side Skirts on as well as Ive noticed that at the rear of the sideskirts on GTE/GSi ones they flare up... will the old strips get in the way?

Cheers

Anonymous
18-02-01, 08:41 PM
no,im sure they dont get in the way as ive seen some novas with side strips and skirts,but it dont look that good.

r u sure they dont come off.they should just be stuck on,ive never seen that have clips in,the ones that are stuck on do have a metal strip in but that just pulls off as well.

a litttle tip, if they are stuck on, once uve peeled them off ull be left with loadds of shitty sticky glue,use a hairdryer or hot air gun to warm it up,itl peel off a lot easier,or u can also boil 3/4 full kettle,fill the rest up with cold water,and slowly pour this over the glue as your peeling it.nice and easy then.

it also keeps ur hands warm if its a cold day!!! :)

Anonymous
18-02-01, 10:22 PM
my vinyl cam off with metal thing too it was the foamy stuff that stuck too the car which i had to sand off( i was sraying all of the car though) if you dont wanna take strip off pop rivet the skirts to the wing, youll realise you gotta do that anyway cause the skirts never fit right. they do lean on the strip though and it does look shocking so get the vinyl off its just stick on to your car. well it should be stuck on everyone elses is :>

Anonymous
19-02-01, 10:41 AM
On the early models the strip is on some rivit like objects which can only be removed by either cuting/sanding or drilling. But with either option ur gona have a mess which needs spraying so ur better off leaving it on. also don't eva put skirts on with a strip because it looks WANK!!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
19-02-01, 11:05 AM
yup thats right y/a/b reg novas do have clip on strips so for skirts get some nova ones and extend them to cover the rear bits using another set of skirts but don't use the corner pieces

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---

Anonymous
20-02-01, 02:54 AM
Or do as I have, and get some MKII Cav SRi skirts.

They need shortening by about 4 or 5 inches (can't remember exactly), and they fit to the shape of the Nova sills perfectly!

Fitting can be done using the proper plastic clips, but I couldn't be arsed with that, so I fastened the bottom edge to the sill will self-tapers. I then used a single screw at either end of the skirt, near to top, to fasten the top edge to the lip of the wheel arches.
Just to finish it off, I used one more screw at the central joint, just to hold the two bits together.

It sounds shit, but it actually looks good, and you don't notice the screws.

Just an idea, see what you think, and it's dirt cheep to do. ?10-15 for a pair from a scrappy, as opposed to using 2 sets of GTE/GSi ones!

See a pic here: http://freespace.virginnet.co.uk/rich.dale/NovaMain.htm and look in the picture gallery.

Anonymous
20-02-01, 02:56 AM
That's a old site BTW. A new one is on the way.

Anonymous
23-02-01, 11:26 AM
Why not get some M3 replica skirts from CCM. There made to fit the Nova. I've got them on my car, they look really subtle and won't interfer with the strips along the sides of the car. It will look better than the Gsi skirts.