PDA

View Full Version : the best antibes in the world!

Anonymous
16-07-00, 07:10 PM
I've just sent my nova antibes (see gallery) to be repaired and sprayed.
It's costing ?250 to colourcode the spolier and gte grill, fit new rear arches and spray, respray all rust patches, repairing lower backs of front doors ( ADVICE:- The doors have drainage holes at the bottom which can block up,The water then gets trapped inside the door and while u r driving the water rushes to the back of the door and the doors begin to rust accordingly, so clean these holes and protect the inside of the doors with some sort of protective wax).
So practically he is respraying the whole of my car in the original colour for ?250.00
Any how should I get him to roll the arches while he is at it because I'm putting 15" on and lowering it -60mm in the future, do i really need to do this?

Cheers
Elgan Beynon
Then u can all see the car in the gallery after i send kev some updated pics of it

Anonymous
17-07-00, 01:12 PM
My Nova is on 15" alloys and -60 springs, I tried to roll the arches after it was sprayed and made a mess of the paint. from my own experience it would be wiser and cheaper to do it now.

Anonymous
17-07-00, 06:45 PM
yep do the rear arches b4 the paint job coz ull fuck em and then decide to grind the whole ov the lip ov cause the paint has cracked.

is ur painter a friend? ?250 seems like not a lot ov money for a lot ov work there. make sure he actually repairs the rust by cutting it out and welding new metal in or u will be sooo pissed of when in six months time it starts to bubble again as i found out on my rear arches. if ur not abot he may just grind em and bodge em

Anonymous
17-07-00, 06:48 PM
yep do the rear arches b4 the paint job coz ull fuck em and then decide to grind the whole ov the lip ov cause the paint has cracked.

is ur painter a friend? ?250 seems like not a lot ov money for a lot ov work there. make sure he actually repairs the rust by cutting it out and welding new metal in or u will be sooo pissed of when in six months time it starts to bubble again as i found out on my rear arches. if ur not abot he may just grind em and bodge em

Anonymous
20-07-00, 04:01 PM
but its quite poor really isnt it, this antibes, i mean its not even got alloys