PDA

View Full Version : weird doors

Anonymous
12-02-01, 07:22 PM
after i took of the shit ruuber things off from the side of the car,and cleaned it all up,i noticed that the botom of the doors where a different colour to the top,it looks like its got a laquer over it,is this protective shit?as its a white car,u can notice it quite alot.T cuting it does not blend it in,any suggestions.

Anonymous
13-02-01, 01:47 AM
Has it had new sills fitted at some time?

If it has, it will have been re-sprayed along the lower edge, hence the difference in paint.

I've got a similar problem with my car (see Richard Dales Antibes in the feature cars section).
From the side strip down, it's had a re-spray, which is a slightly different colour to the original, but it doesn't show very much.

I removed the side rubbing-strips,and found that the paint under them was the original paint.
As a result, I've got strips down the sides, the same size of the rubbing strips, in a different shade of red!
Luckily, it only shows up in bright sun, or under orange street lights.
Actually...don't look at it under orange street lights.....shows up other miss-matching paint lol!
(it really could do with a re-spray)

Anonymous
13-02-01, 11:01 AM
Mines the same (white) get a buffing pag that you can attatch to a drill or electric buffer and some T-Cut and give it some welly !!
It really cuts down the noticeable difference.
Its worth a try for the sake of a few quid.

Anonymous
14-02-01, 06:43 PM
its probably just waxoil to stop them rusting

leave it on onless you like cleaning and polishing under the bottoms ov the doors on a regula basis.

theres nowt worse than rust on a white car it looks fucking terible

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
14-02-01, 06:44 PM
unless the bottoms have been painted previos to hide notoirus nova rusty door syndrom

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
18-02-01, 05:23 PM
no ive tried using a drill attatchment,with t cut, and even a heavy duty cutting paste it wont budge it!!
it aint had a raespray, and the doors arnt rusty.