PDA

View Full Version : Momo

Anonymous
12-02-01, 01:39 PM
I got hold of a Mom steering wheel on Sat for ?20 mint it is. How much will it cost to get the hub or whatever its called to fit it ?

Anonymous
12-02-01, 02:14 PM
?20? Jammy bugger!
erm, i think the boss is about ?30. Try phoning demon tweeks or someone and they will help you.

Anonymous
12-02-01, 05:31 PM
tweeks and they are more than ?30!!

Anonymous
12-02-01, 07:58 PM
Good look gettin` your steering wheel off, I had a fat bloke twattin` mine for ages and the bloody thing didn`t move a mm!

Anonymous
12-02-01, 08:16 PM
35 from halfords.

Anonymous
13-02-01, 02:56 AM
?35 from Halfords???? Sure it was Momo?

Mine was ?39.50 from Larkspeed in Rotherham.

As for getting the wheel off......save your self hours of bloody hard work, and get a "Laser" steering wheel puller.
I got one, and it only cost ?8.60 - OK, you only use it the once, but the job takes a couple of minuets, and is piss easy.
Otherwise, it takes ages (and three mates help, in the case of my first attempt on my previous Nova!), plus, you can easily damage the collapsible part of the steering column.
After doing it the "hard" way on my old Nova, I chose the easy route when I came to swap the wheel on my current Nova.

Anonymous
13-02-01, 12:01 PM
See dave at courts I am sure he will have the gadget that takes vauxhall steering wheels off. If not come and see me and we will go down to the place i used to work an borrow their one.

Anonymous
13-02-01, 12:02 PM
chhers ladz

Anonymous
14-02-01, 12:11 AM
Where can ya get a steering whell puller from. Some twat decided to remove the horn contacts from my steering wheel & the paret tht cancells the indicators. Failed the MoT because of the horn. SO i bodged a wire in to the horn from the ststeering wheel and gave it a +. Passed the MoT then on the way home the horn came on PERMANANTLY :D and the wire set on fire. X-( SHIT THE BED. Ragged it all out and now no horn again! I really have to get my steering wheel off. & cant manage it!!!

Anonymous
14-02-01, 03:38 PM
U wrestled with my steering wheel for ages an ages, I found side to side worked best,rather than just pulling,mind u, the amount of times Ive needed to take the steering wheel off to remove the shroud or speedo out to mess round with wiring is unbelievable

Anonymous
15-02-01, 12:58 AM
You should be able to get a wheel puller from any good spares shop.

The only brand I've seen them in, is "Laser".
You will often find a large stand of all Laser products - tools.
Don't go to Halfords though - I've never seen them sell 'em - go to a smaller shop or garage.