PDA

View Full Version : bee sting

Anonymous
07-02-01, 09:04 PM
alright boys i want to fit a bee sting on me sr but how hard are they to do and whats the best way of doing it cheers boys

Anonymous
07-02-01, 10:09 PM
peel back the roof lining measure the car to get the middle mark about 5 or 6 inches in from the back put masking tape on the roof to mark on then drill and fit run the lead down the rear pillar along the sill and plug in an away you go

Anonymous
08-02-01, 12:15 PM
they look good but don't work for shit !

Anonymous
08-02-01, 05:34 PM
how about one of those power ones (ohh up and down :) ) thats what i may do if i get a diff nova

Anonymous
08-02-01, 06:10 PM
U cant fit an electric ariel to the nova front wing, the mechanism underneath is just too big. Also the the span across the top of the wing is just too narrow for the ariel to sit on. Or thats what i was told when i went to fit one on my car.

Anonymous
08-02-01, 06:47 PM
My one gets excellent reception. Its a Vectra Estate one with a signal amplifier in the base.

Anonymous
11-02-01, 11:15 AM
Once youve fitted the bee sting,is it worth welding up the old hole and getting a bodyshop or meself to spray it up, or just get a new wing and have that sprayed?

Anonymous
11-02-01, 01:15 PM
dont put on a proper working one!! they are shocking(crackles all the time and you got to drill through roof) just put on a fake one, cheaper easier etc....

Anonymous
11-02-01, 06:31 PM
mine is from revoloution it cost ?30 (yes expensive but i had ?30 and didnt know what to spend it on!)

its got no amp and gives just as good recption as the old one

Anonymous
12-02-01, 10:09 AM
get a vauxhall one, they are amplified and work perfect, i have a corsa one, but i think some of the other ones are supposed to look better as have more sloped angle.

Anonymous
12-02-01, 07:54 PM
I`ve got an amped corsa one an` all, it works fine. The golf style ones are more slopey and do look a little better (shame). Be carefull with the roof lining as it`s easy to tear, and its clipped up at the back of the roof; a right bastard to get off!!! ;)