PDA

View Full Version : Headrest blues...

Anonymous
18-01-01, 07:03 PM
After going to the breakers yard on the coldest of mornings,forgetting half the tools I needed to get the parts I wanted off, and forgetting half the parts I was looking for,Ive ended up happy with 2 dark grey cav head rests perfect for a rear conversion,my novas on an F-plate(1989) and I was told it should have the holes in,like in the guide on novaweb,however I still cannot locate the holes,has anyone else experienced this?-its a bit of a bum,any suggestions as Ive got em slotted down the gap between the parcel shelf and seat for now cos it still looks good,thanx in advance

Anonymous
18-01-01, 07:12 PM
hey m8, bad news i'm afraid if u can't find the holes then u may only have a single sheet of metal holding up the seat which means u will have 2 make do with what u have got......the holes are really easy 2 locate so if u can't find them there probably isn't any :-(

Anonymous
19-01-01, 10:22 AM
hmmmm, theres a how to guide on Novaweb that says any Nova from D plate should have the rear holes. Check out the website www.novaweb.co.uk also try a knitting needle to poke further into the fabric. Otherwise I think Ballsy could be right as you can usually feel the holes by just pressing into the top if the rear seat.

Anonymous
19-01-01, 11:27 AM
i havent got holes in the back of my seat, the only way i could think of fitting them was to bend a small strip of metal so that it screwed to the back seat to hold them in place.

Anonymous
19-01-01, 11:49 AM
I have seen an f-reg nova with rear headrests, but I don't know if the holes were there or if he had had the rear seat modified(it was a leather rear seat)

Anonymous
19-01-01, 12:09 PM
the way to tell 4 certain is to look at the position of the rest on the front seat, the holes on the rear seats are perfectly in line with the front ones so it don't look shit. If you still cant make out any holes then revert to plan b and try and fix em on another way.

Anonymous
19-01-01, 12:24 PM
I've fitted them and it was really easy to find the holes only problem is that they rattle like a rattling rattle and annoy me big time! As everyone else is saying, they prob aint there.

Anonymous
19-01-01, 02:57 PM
yeah I found the holes!! Just push hard down on the top of the seat with your fingers, until you find something!!!! (mine rattle!! but you need the plastic guides!!)

Anonymous
21-01-01, 09:03 AM
ONE QUESTION:
>>Single piece or split-folding?

If it's a single piece, you can't fit the rear head-rests in proper holes, as there aren't any - ONLY on the 60/40 split type!
I've got a one-piece, and I made brackets that are screwed into the back of the seat - the head-rests don't rattle, or move at all, but it's a pain to make brackets, and to get them right! Ideally, you need the split folding type, but these aren't easy to fit, as you need the additional floor bracket, which is welded to the floor of the car!

Anonymous
21-01-01, 08:46 PM
i fitted the split rear seat when i did my sr interior, it wasnt that hard.