PDA

View Full Version : Colour Coding

Anonymous
10-01-01, 02:03 PM
Alright Matey's

I've got a 1.3sr F reg nova and I want to colour code the bumpers and spoiler (GTE look a like). I know the procedure, sand, prime, sand, prime, spray, sand, spray, sand, but I am worried about the rear spoiler, how the fuck am I going to spray that?!?!? On the car? Off the car? How hard are they to take off?

And do u rekon I could spray a bumper over a weekend and it be dry for Monday? (I use the little beast to get to work in, so I can?t have it off the road with no bumpers on!)

Cheers fellow novabods, keep it real (bo) ;)

Ged

-----------------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
10-01-01, 07:21 PM
Bumpers will be tough to get a good finish on, but possible just make sure they are as smooth a a babys arse (prob a few hours each with orbital sander) but be REAL careful with the rear spoiler cause in case you haven't noticed it's not plastic it's rubber - the pros use a special chemical in the paint to make it more flixible so it doesn't crack - don't ask me how to do it - and if your gonna spray with those crappy little cans make sure you use PLASTIC filler primer, followed by a coloured primer and a whole can's (500ml) worth of top coat per bumper, if you do it wrong it'll start to look crap really quickly - whilst your in halfords get 5 tuber of Bumper filler and smooth out those crap swage lines - it's easy to do

Anonymous
10-01-01, 08:08 PM
i wouldn't bother if i was you

i spent ages on my bumpers, and the paint still peels of.

it's 'cos the bumpers flex and expand in hot weather and shrink in cold - thats why it come off

find a cheep re-spray shop and get them to do it. -I found that my paint - (vaxhall glacier white) is fucking expensive so choose a similar one to save cash - if your skint!

good luck

Anonymous
17-01-01, 11:37 AM
There are three bolts behind the top of the spolier in side the boot the rest is just stuck on