PDA

View Full Version : de - locking

Anonymous
09-01-01, 01:58 PM
alrighty peeps,

ive heard the ford boys ave been on, i hope u told 'em where to fuk off.

anyways can someone giv me a step - by - step plan on delocking your car

Anonymous
09-01-01, 02:00 PM
tell me when you know

Anonymous
09-01-01, 02:16 PM
go to topbuzz, there is a step buy step guide on there

Anonymous
09-01-01, 02:47 PM
Take off the door card, cut a hole in the clear plastic lining on the back of the door. From the outside with a small flat ended screwdriver remove the grey plastic outer ring. Then back on the inside of the door detatch the metal strip that cunnects to the motor, (just unhook it) then you have got to remove the barrell. Mine was made easier for me coz some smelly little FORD owner broke into it and removed the lock for me, but for those of you who are more fortunate than this, pull off the metal bracket which stops the lock being knocked in (Ineffectively , I mite add !!) pull it down woth pliers and the lock falls out. At this point gasp in amazement of how shit these locks really are and pat yourself on the back for finally getting round to removing them. Then you have to cut a small piece of metal to weld over the hole. Use an angle griner for this and make sure the metal is completely clean from paint and rust. Then weld it in place from inside the door, this makes the paint on the other side of the door buble up, so you will be glad that you only cut a piece of metal just big enough or you'll end up respraying your whole door. Wait for it to cool down and fill it and sand it, then spray it ! Job done
P.s when welding it, don't let the door get too hot or the metal will kink and leave a dent in the door.

Anonymous
09-01-01, 09:40 PM
Get it done properly at a bodyshop. Filler only cracks after time you want it welded up then filled with lead then a little filler to finish off paint door job done

Anonymous
11-01-01, 02:01 PM
i used old 10p's and filler>>>>>>>>>> it is still looking fine after years!!!!

Anonymous
11-01-01, 02:01 PM
i used old 10p's and filler>>>>>>>>>> it is still looking fine after 5 years!!!!

smitty5door
04-07-04, 10:44 PM
Take off the door card, cut a hole in the clear plastic lining on the back of the door. From the outside with a small flat ended screwdriver remove the grey plastic outer ring. Then back on the inside of the door detatch the metal strip that cunnects to the motor, (just unhook it) then you have got to remove the barrell. Mine was made easier for me coz some smelly little FORD owner broke into it and removed the lock for me, but for those of you who are more fortunate than this, pull off the metal bracket which stops the lock being knocked in (Ineffectively , I mite add !!) pull it down woth pliers and the lock falls out. At this point gasp in amazement of how s**t these locks really are and pat yourself on the back for finally getting round to removing them. Then you have to cut a small piece of metal to weld over the hole. Use an angle griner for this and make sure the metal is completely clean from paint and rust. Then weld it in place from inside the door, this makes the paint on the other side of the door buble up, so you will be glad that you only cut a piece of metal just big enough or you'll end up respraying your whole door. Wait for it to cool down and fill it and sand it, then spray it ! Job done

-tucny-
05-07-04, 05:17 PM
no need to get a body shop to do it. id say about 1 in 500 if that will fill the recess with lead. if ur worried about the filler cracking then weld the plate in the recess from the outside. u will only required a thin layer of filler over the top. u will need to key the surrounding paint before filling or it may not stick well. then seal the reverse side then (inside the door) with either glass fibre filler paste or even better polyurethen joint sealer.

PAG
07-07-04, 12:43 AM
also if your going to weld it tac it in place and go round and do lots of little tacs leaving a small gap then next tac! grind back if u need to just the tops! then go back round and fill the gaps missed 1st time check it all for any missed bits! then grind the tips off if needed then spray some red oxide on it then little bit of fiberglass then smooth that off then use some filler.

reason for that kind of welding is so that you dont distort the door! which will make loads more work.

spray some red oxide the other side also then some sealer

Jules
07-07-04, 01:22 AM
Err this thread is 3 years old folks...........
:roll:

PAG
07-07-04, 01:35 AM
LMFAO hahahha i thought chris(cossieking) dont come here ne more!

Al Wilson
07-07-04, 12:30 PM

Maybe the fillers not dry? :D

-tucny-
07-07-04, 05:03 PM

oops, didnt notice. smitty must have been checking out a lot of posts!