PDA

View Full Version : Modded Bumper!!!

Anonymous
09-01-01, 02:52 AM
Do u think it would b ok 2 cut out the mid section of the GTE bumper and the bottom of the grill + merge them 2 make a massive gap in the front! It would need 2 b meshed but would b the maddest bumper about! Strength wise this probably aint a good idea, how could i strengthen it up?

Anonymous
09-01-01, 10:08 AM
you could re-inforce the bumper by sticking the bits your cutting out onto the back of the bumper with either some really strong adhesive or P38. Just an idea, it should look wicked though.

Anonymous
09-01-01, 12:10 PM
but a fibre glass kit, you can gettem from most car shops for about ?10, the fibreglass is ard as fuk when it sets.
I am in the process of building my own rear bumper at the moment and Ive used alot of fibreglas. It proves how strong it is, they build robin reliants out of it !!!

Anonymous
09-01-01, 05:25 PM
have you looked behind the front bumper - there'll be a quite substantial metal bumper carrier that bears more than a passing resenblance to an iron girder- an important saft feature! if you cna cut through that and leave the car safe your doing well!

Anonymous
11-01-01, 06:08 PM
Pwaulo - spoilsport!