PDA

View Full Version : HOW LOW?

Anonymous
06-01-01, 12:55 AM
I have an 89 GTE with wings, lights and grill. Its all to be sprayed end of Jan then i want to lower the car further. I have -30m springs on at the mo (unsure what as they were on when i got the car) this isnt low enough, Does any one know where i can get the springs and how ?? I have heard you can get - 100. Could this be true????

Anonymous
06-01-01, 12:57 AM
GSI WINGS ETC ETC...

Anonymous
06-01-01, 11:41 AM
As far as I am aware the lowest u can go is -60/70 I might be wrong though.80)

Anonymous
06-01-01, 11:17 PM
if you want to go any lower than -60 the arches will give you so trouble its not worth it, if you only have the standard rims on then ok, but if there any bigger stick with -60

Anonymous
07-01-01, 12:15 AM
Don't forget that serious lowering requires hardened CV joints unless you like replacing them every month, don't know which donor parts would fit, anyone?

Anonymous
09-01-01, 06:43 PM
If you lower your gte 60, its like lowering a normal nova 70-80. I got a PMC sports pack for mine for about ?300 i think? The front shox have a shorter damper rod so you don`t fuck them up with the drop, and they`re 40% stiffer to prevent scrubbage. If you drop the back 60 you`ll ned uprated shox to stop the springs falling out! Use standard GM bumpstops on the front and one segment out of the back bumpstops for the back. This sould give you a more comfortable ride.

Anonymous
10-01-01, 08:07 PM
u can get 110 on back and 100 on front with 15" wheels but u need sum major mods

i got 70 on back and maybe 80 on front and i have had to adjust the camber and allsorts to stop the car steering itself and shgging tyres

Anonymous
20-01-01, 08:40 PM
my sr is -100 rear and -60 front the car sits just nice and level.front arches are standrd-no rubbing and the rears have had the lip hammered up by me.no rubbing there either!struts are shortened jamex and front springs are -60 jamex and rear are -60 springs cut almost in half.ride is very harsh, but with front and rear antirollbar and strutbraces its got the handling of a mini(and thats extremeley good for any one who aint had a mini.rear tyres last donkeys, fronts are replaced about 4 months, but i drive like a nutter atleast 50 miles aday and i race it using thehe same tyres,well worth it if u can take the hard ride!