PDA

View Full Version : Blooming Heck!!!

Anonymous
12-09-01, 04:58 PM
Yesterday I was saying how I'd been in contact with mates of mine in the US, well there was one I know off on a US chat forum who was working in the WTC and we hadn't heard from him, so understandably we were very worried :O

Anyway, he's been in touch today and he's ok.....he was working freelance for a company called OppenheimerFunds, and finished is freelance work on Friday!!! If he'd not finished his project by just one more day, he would have been there yesterday!!!
If he'd been there yesterday, he would have been working on the 37th floor of Tower 2 so who knows what might have happened!
Needless to say, he's feeling like one very lucky chap!

Another forum member I know also works in NY, and saw the towers on fire from his office in their midtown offices. He also saw them collapse from his office!
The worse thing is, his employers also had offices in the WTC and at the time, one of his mates and his boss were in the towers!
The last thing he know was that they were trapped on the 106th floor at 9:15am :O
They haven't heard from them and it doesn't bear thinking about!!!

Another mate off of that forum lives 30 miles away from NY and when he found out about the disaster, he and some of his work colleagues drove to where they could have a view of the skyline.....he said "Total chaos. It is totally freaky to see the NY skyline without the twin towers there." and "No more WTC...just smoke. Chilling."

There's also been loads of posts from peeps who know people in and around NY and Washington who have seen these things happen.
There was one storey from CNN about a woman who was on the phone to her husband as he was working in the WTC.
It was after the second plain crashed and he'd phoned her to say he was ok. She was watching CNN at the same time, and she said to him to stay calm and wait for the rescuers to help him. As she was talking, she saw the tower he was in collapse as the phone went dead :O :O
There's loads of other scary stories like this coming out of the US!

Scary shit!

It's one thing seeing it on TV, but knowing peeps who were there really brings it home!

Anonymous
12-09-01, 05:12 PM
that last bit is horrible - being on the phone saying to someone you'll be alreight - just wait for the rescuers and then it goes dead - you look at the TV and see the tower coming down...
HORRIBLE!!!

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

IT'S THE TREES THAT MAKE ME DO IT!!!

Anonymous
12-09-01, 05:35 PM
Dont bear thinkin bout all this. America wont rest until whichever sick shi* is behind this is dead and buried. Theyre not a nation to sit back and take stuff at the best of times, expect a monstrous retaliation.

If the bird said "Its the Nova or me", would you miss her?