PDA

View Full Version : Brass Eye the other night

Anonymous
30-07-01, 01:21 PM
Ok who saw it and who thought it went too far? The media are saying it went way past the boundaries of taste and decency.

I happen to think it was well funny and phil collins, richard blackwood should hang their heads in shame for being dumb as hell. Why are they bringing attention to themselves being thick by complaining in the press?????

BTW Im talking about the peodophile episode.

Shocking but hilarious :o :D

Anonymous
30-07-01, 06:30 PM
It got the points accross though!
The only thing that the press dont like was probably that they didnt think of something like that first...and channel 4 programs always get bad press...the sun slated friends when it came out over here on C4.
Now....not a word! :-)

Cris.

Anonymous
31-07-01, 08:27 AM
yeah ur prob right.

Anonymous
31-07-01, 09:54 AM
Some of the show was in complete bad taste, but the reason it was funny is cos it was soooo sick. It kind of brought the whole problem to the attention of everyone.
Some of the jokes in the show were a bit sick and probably pushed the boundaries of comedy a little too far, but it was never meant as a serious program or to be taken as a serious source of information about the problem of paedophiles. It makes me laugh that there are ministers who are saying sue the program makers and Channel 4, but I think instead of wating money on pointless courtcases about a comedy show, they should use the money to fund shelters for abused kids etc and they should concentrate on catching the sick individuals who are actually commiting crimes such as paedophilia.
Overall I think the program was funny, but also a little tasteless.

But the crime one after it was funny a fcuk!!!!!!!

Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?
More than you can afford pal....Ferrari!

smoke him!

Anonymous
01-08-01, 04:15 PM
I think the programme in general was a bad idea, its a touchy subject and i cant really see how any comedy can come out of it. You gotta think of other peeps who have been affected by the subject - then imagine turning over one night and seeing that. Wouldnt be very nice would it??
Just a tasteless idea all round really!

Anonymous
02-08-01, 08:42 AM
Fair enough ...it was tasteless but it was only a matter of time b4 some comedy show used peodophilia for a laff. Where they where saying that some fella disguised himself as a school so children would enter him, then they just showed a picture of a school as the culprit. That had me in stitches.
Its not serious , its just taking the piss out of the media .....well funny

Anonymous
06-08-01, 11:59 PM
I was watching that one the other night, first time i seen brass eye. Couldn't believe it. I was pissing myself all the way through. Specially when philippa forester came on doing the tomorrows world bit about them gloves and groin attachments. D'OH!
But i do agree that its not something that should be used in jest... but its so funny coz its not supposed to be, its just good planning thinking up an excuse as good as they did.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET