PDA

View Full Version : young insurance ?

Mushy
30-07-05, 07:09 PM
I have a 1200 mk1 and i have made a few online quotes,

my cheapest quote has been ?1435 tpfr from churchill.

Is that the cheapest im going to get or shall i keep looking as i have been searching around a for while now :?:

mad-driver
31-07-05, 11:43 AM
Who else have you tried mate?

Best bet is to try as many as posible coz one is bound to be hlaf-decent, i used Norwich Union and for first time drivers seem to be good, also elephant do good quotes

Jack
01-08-05, 09:09 AM
Elephant aren't always the cheapest for younger drivers (remember to add an experienced second driver with them, it'll bring the policy quote down - I saved ?200 by adding my sister).

Tesco and CIS are also quite good, HIC too but I had a lot of trouble cancelling my policy with them. Funnily enough, despite what TV adverts would have you believe, its often better to ring places as you can usually barter a better deal by saying such-and-such gave you ?xxx price, and asking if they can beat it.

Whats your age, NCB, postcode area?

mad-driver
01-08-05, 10:30 PM
You're right Jack, i forgot to say that you need to add another driver (preferably female) that does bring it down alot

dikharvey
02-08-05, 12:06 AM
Try liverpoolvictoria.co.uk but you wont et much cheaper than u have there.

Jack
02-08-05, 08:38 AM
Try liverpoolvictoria.co.uk but you wont et much cheaper than u have there.
Ring them up, if they're not cheap, ring them back 10 mins later.... and keep doing it until you get a cheap quote... they have a reputation of giving different quotes every time you call :lol: