PDA

View Full Version : front components

jell
27-02-02, 09:57 AM
I have a 1.2 nova sting, and it just has 10cm dash mounted speakers. I only have a cassette head unit but will be replaced soon (i am a poor student). I wanted to make my own door builds and have a pair of components as well as the 10cm all running off the head unit.

Is this a good idea or is it best to get some 6 x 9's on the back shelf. Cheers ;)

brian.bb
27-02-02, 03:43 PM
your best bet is to either change or bin the standard speakers as they are shit,

get some components for the front and some good 6x9's(or maby a sub+amp) for the back,

infinity do some decent 6x9's but IMO MB Quart 6x9's are by far the best within the under ?100 mark

Stuart
27-02-02, 07:43 PM
i dunno, those poxy std speakers can take hell of a lot b4 they die, ive put 50W into em and they wont give in lol.

usual plug from me :) but if you cant get em cheap (like i did) then sony 4way 5696'2 (if you can find em) are spot on

Im a Corporate tart :D

brian.bb
27-02-02, 08:57 PM
yeah they can take a fair bit but the sound quality is crap

i wired my old standard speakers to my V12 amp when i was putting my new install in 2 blow them up(just got a bit bored:D )!!! they didnt like 900w!!!!!!!!!

jell
28-02-02, 04:52 PM
fair enough i could change the s**ty standard ones and it would give better imaging

I could run the 10cm off the head unit and power the components through an amp :D

that wouldn't give it too much stress

What do ya think?

brian.bb
01-03-02, 05:30 AM
wot is ur headunit? unless there ?100+ components running them of a decent head unit is ok

then use the amp 2 run a sub in the boot for a bit of a allround sound

jell
02-03-02, 11:41 AM
I have only got an old cassette head unit but this should be changed for a cd unit in the near future.

An another question is: How do you wire up the components, is it both off the same speaker wire from the head unit or is it best to get a set that has a crossover and split it that way?

Stuart
02-03-02, 01:23 PM
good components come with Xover

Im a Corporate tart :D