PDA

View Full Version : insurance prices

Marc
31-05-05, 04:53 PM
just tried getting a qoute on my nova tpf&f tried confused.com and best i could get was ?750 for myself. didnt think that was to bad, then tried norwhich union and they wanted ?1200 same cover :o

the only reason i was trying prices out was to see how much less it would be for that cause im thinking about going jap and getting a civic 1.5 lsi 3dr. best qoute i got for that was ?1500 tpf&f which didnt seem to bad compaired on norwhich union but a double from confused.com

so still not sure what to do love the nova but want something more and else well unless a gsi comes up a right price and good insurance qoute.

Jack
31-05-05, 04:55 PM
www.elephant.co.uk (www.elephant.co.uk)

Marc
31-05-05, 04:59 PM
thanx :D (i think)

boredbloke
31-05-05, 05:33 PM
depends what group is it?

the crx i'll be pickin up is 14 and that was 1350 with www.expressinsurance.co.uk

adverts are in the back of all the modding mags

Jack
31-05-05, 06:00 PM
civic 1.5 lsi 3dr
HONDA
CIVIC LS
1493cc
1997-1999
5 dr
Petrol Manual
Security T2 E (E means its good btw and the group rating has been dropped by one :wink:)
Insurance Group 8

Stuart
31-05-05, 07:55 PM
hmm is there an insurance forum? hmmm

whitty_nova_1300sr
01-06-05, 12:22 AM
just to let u know tht elephant/confused do 10 month cover unless u state 4 a 12. if u get a 10 the ncb you is not taken by another ins other than tht company. thts y there cheap??

hope tht helps.

if send me details i will see wot i can do 4 u, as i work in ins.

Phil_G
01-06-05, 12:26 AM
My current insurers had no qualms about accepting an elephant policy like that!

Phil

whitty_nova_1300sr
01-06-05, 12:29 AM
who is ur ins company

Nick
01-06-05, 12:34 AM
alot of insurance companies do not take fast track/ 10 month policy aquired NCB, unless they run a similar scheme. usually you pay a higher premium to get a fast track NCB

it may be worth going for a full 12 month policy, at least then you know you can definetly carry it forward to another company.

Jack
01-06-05, 12:37 AM
just to let u know tht elephant/confused do 10 month cover unless u state 4 a 12. if u get a 10 the ncb you is not taken by another ins other than tht company. thts y there cheap??
In my experience the bonus accelerator doesn't actually save you that much money.... and even with a 12 month policy they're still amongst the cheapest I've ever found

Phil_G
01-06-05, 12:40 AM
Hi

current policy is held with Equity Red Star through Kwik fit. Its on a standard car for business use tho- they will probs have a heart attack at any modifications.

Phil

whitty_nova_1300sr
01-06-05, 12:49 AM
Hi

current policy is held with Equity Red Star through Kwik fit. Its on a standard car for business use tho- they will probs have a heart attack at any modifications.

Phil

On tht scheme yes but some of the shemes we deal with for ERS love mod cars

Phil_G
01-06-05, 12:53 AM
excellent!

Phil

Nick
01-06-05, 01:01 AM
In my experience the bonus accelerator doesn't actually save you that much money.... and even with a 12 month policy they're still amongst the cheapest I've ever found

some of the 10 month premiums are exteortionate. if you actually work it out, you end up paying just the same as a 12 month policy just for the bonus of a quick NCB

Phil_G
01-06-05, 01:06 AM

some of the 10 month premiums are exteortionate. if you actually work it out, you end up paying just the same as a 12 month policy just for the bonus of a quick NCB

When i took my 10 monther out last year with elephant, it was a clear margin cheaper ( about ?80) than the cheapest 12 month quote. Pound for pound it was the best price I got, and thus i went for it. When it comes to car insurance, its something im very particular on, and will always research it thoroughly.

Like anything its a case of "buyer, beware!"

Phil

boredbloke
02-06-05, 07:18 PM

When i took my 10 monther out last year with elephant, it was a clear margin cheaper ( about ?80) than the cheapest 12 month quote. Pound for pound it was the best price I got, and thus i went for it. When it comes to car insurance, its something im very particular on, and will always research it thoroughly.

Like anything its a case of "buyer, beware!"

Phil

in my experience of searchin and i have had some lol!! the 10 monthers work out to be the same roughly per month as a 12month maybe a tad more, but look at it like this,

in 2 months more than 4 years you'll have 5years ncb

means you could have a skyline 10months earlier!! :wink: