PDA

View Full Version : Is it magic?

txan
19-02-02, 12:45 AM
Hi, first, i don?t speak english very well so perhaps you won?t understand me J I have a pair of 6x9?s in the the rear shelf, a pair of 6? ?s in the front doors and a pair of tweeters on the front dash and it sounds good but there?s one thing I don?t understand, I know bass is not directional, so you can put a bass speaker (a sub or a woofer) wherever you want (into the car, obviously), and the mid and high frequencies are directional so you will listen to this frequencies from the place where the speakers are, well, when I (how can I say this? Lol) put my head near the steering wheel the bass sounds better, the 6? ?s are fitted where everybody fits them, low and near the dash (I don?t know the exact words, sorry). That?s the thing I don?t understand, why sounds better when I put my head near the steering wheel if the bass isn?t directional? Because mid and high frequencies sound =. Thanks

Stuart
19-02-02, 02:29 AM
sound engineering is a black art (odd one) and it will always seem louder in some places rather than others, but thats due to sound wave propogation (physics waffle)

The setup you have is a good one. so i wouldnt worry about the fact its seems louder at the steering wheel, coz lets face it how often do you drive with your head on the wheel?? lol

Im a Corporate tart :D

jamesburrows
19-02-02, 01:39 PM
Mine is like that, the bass is better if you put your head down nearer the footwell.
I now have removed my drivers seat, and have periscope to drive with. It's difficult to drive but sounds great!!! :p

blondie
19-02-02, 02:55 PM
I wish I could speak a second language that badly!!

txan
20-02-02, 12:18 AM
Well, now i drive like a woman, with my body near the steering whell coz it sounds better this way lol, the problem is that I don?t see the road and it?s a bit unsafe lol (how much is a periscope?)Thanks for the answer, I?ve bought ?new? door cards so i?ll try to make something (a pod?) to fit the speakers in and put them towards me, I?ve seen some plastic spacers with this shape (like a wedge) and they?re not expensive. Thanks again