PDA

View Full Version : Large sub into Nova?!

machone
24-12-01, 12:56 AM
Is it a really bad idea to have a sub facing downwards (towards the boot floor) with ports facing up? If it is, can anyone recommend someone to do cheap one-off boxes?
Cheers
Mike

wisewood
24-12-01, 03:55 PM
just make one yourself.

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

PAG
28-12-01, 01:58 PM
why bother saying that wisewood ur not helping the kid out he obivously cant make 1 and he is kindly asking for info on someone that does cheap one-off boxes. so in future dont repley with batty answers. aight.

it not the 1st time

wisewood
28-12-01, 05:35 PM
alright alright calm down.
no need to pick on me - plenty of people give answers like that - no need to pick on me about it.
i just thought that maybe he hadn't given any thought to making on himself.
machone - i appologise.

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Breeny
28-12-01, 10:33 PM
Wise words "Calm Down, Calm Down"

bennyd
28-12-01, 11:06 PM
How about a stealth box not cheap but i spose they save space and look neat or just ask a local carpenter for some advice on making a box as long as you get the internal volume rite it should be ok.no much help i know but some ideas!

www.stealthboxz.com

PAG
29-12-01, 04:10 PM
lmao i was pissed i forgot i said that lol

adam5
02-01-02, 02:03 PM
It isnt that hard to make one your self really especially if its a squareish box. Just do what I did, worked out the measurements. brought a big massive piece of 18mm mdf from b&q for a tenner (I think 4ft by 8ft or something like that) then got them to cut it to size. you get 5 free cuts and then 50p a cut after that. once you have your perfectly cut pieces you only have to cut two holes your self (the sub hole and the connector hole) which is really easy as they havnt got to be perfect cause they'll be covered up. then get the wood glue out.

machone
06-01-02, 10:56 PM
Cheers guys. The main question that I need answered though is the first part about the actual position of the sub (ie facing down). If this isn't a bad, bad idea then I will make one myself. If this will f**k things right up then it is going to get complicated!!
Cheers again
Mike

nova_power_y2k
11-01-02, 02:44 PM
i have the same plablem kidda i have 2 12"inch jl audio subs in the ac off my nova and there is no room lol i have them facing the seats but is there another way i can put them i can't put them facing the kenwood 6907's so can any one tell me is it best were they are or shall i put them facing the boot thanx

Andrew V
11-01-02, 05:55 PM
I managed to fit my 12's in easily? (2 x alpine swr1240's)

I needed 1cu.ft of space for them and have them facing each other in the boot with mdf panels on the boxes to make them look like they were made for the boot. I also have space for my alpine v12 amp in the middle of the boot.

to be honest it's not hard just sit down and figure out the best way to get them in, in the beginnig I was gonna put them in one big box but after a little though VOILA!

:D Breaking: 1.3sr everything available mail me at a_valvona@hotmail.com :D

machone
12-01-02, 05:32 PM
I should have said - it's an 18", and with the intrusion into the boot from my shelf speakers, the only dimension large enough (over 18") is from the bottom of the seats to the tailgate. Maybe I'll just get something smaller!!
mike