PDA

View Full Version : What mods to declare??

lauriedatlen
19-05-05, 05:47 PM
I have a nova 1.4 luxe (not sr/sri) and its group 6 insurance and as im only 17 is like ?1500. the car came with 14 inch gte wheels and i have fitter an uprated, stiff suspension lowered 40mm and im not sure whether i need to declare these on my insurance. as my insurance is already ?1500 im a bit dubious whether to declare them or not cause its gonna go up even more.

please advise on this

cheers

laurie

General Baxter
19-05-05, 05:51 PM
INSURE ALL

boredbloke
20-05-05, 08:50 AM
It might cost you more but if u ever have an accident the insurance could claim that they haven't insured the mods to your car so they'll void it entirely.

J4MES
20-05-05, 02:00 PM
got to insure more.....cus your young your more likely to crash FACT...so make sure you are properly covered, whats a few more quid..compared to a written off car and a conviction for no insurance????

Jack
21-05-05, 01:48 AM
It might cost you more but if u ever have an accident the insurance could claim that they haven't insured the mods to your car so they'll void it entirely.
....and you can then be rogered by the fuzz for driving with invalid (for "invalid" read"no") insurance, and thus points on license and thus even higher premium...

geardy
24-05-05, 08:28 PM
I HAVE DEBATES ABOUT THIS ALL THE TIME WITH MY MATES THEY SAY OH YOU SHOULDNT DECLARE THIS OR DECLARE THAT IS IT TRUE EVEN IF YOU DONT DECLARE ALLOYS YOUR INSURANCE IS VOID??

I HAVE DECLARED EVERYTHING ON MINE YEAH IT GOES UP A BIT BUT NOT ALOT WHEN YOU CONSIDER YOU CAN GET CONVICTED FOR NO INSURANCE COS IF YOU WERE TO HAVE A CRASH THEY COULD VOID IT

IS THIS CORRECT OR IS IT ME JUST BEING FEMALE :D

Will
24-05-05, 10:28 PM
keep it standard

Mushy
27-07-05, 10:18 PM
keep it standard

Yeh, that works if your a 70yr old pensioner :lol:

mad-driver
27-07-05, 11:19 PM
YEAH IT GOES UP A BIT BUT NOT ALOT

lol are you sure? Coz when i rang up they wanted an extra 150 quid a year for a stainless exhaust

Adam
28-07-05, 04:17 PM
It depends which insurer you are with as to the cost of mods on the premium.

mad-driver
28-07-05, 08:50 PM
It depends which insurer you are with as to the cost of mods on the premium.

Yeah so good bye Norwich Union lol :D

STE Novavanman
29-07-05, 02:49 PM
and any insurance company the mod are what it adds to the likelyness of it getting nicked with alloys on you could be looking at alot as a car with steelies is less likely to get knicked then a car with alloys but if they are nova alloys it might not be as bad as putting any other alloys on

r0b
29-07-05, 04:35 PM
Yeh, that works if your a 70yr old pensioner :lol:

haha

Jack
01-08-05, 08:57 AM
and any insurance company the mod are what it adds to the likelyness of it getting nicked with alloys on you could be looking at alot as a car with steelies is less likely to get knicked then a car with alloys but if they are nova alloys it might not be as bad as putting any other alloys on
True, but most companies just see alloys as alloys, doesn't matter if they're chrome 22" Giovanna spinners or natty std Nova 3 spokes lol