PDA

View Full Version : power!!!

mac
15-10-01, 09:17 AM
I have a 1.4 sr and i am installing 2 12in alpine subs in the boot power by a v12 1507 amp and some 6.5in components powered by another v12 amp.if i also add some neons etc. will my standard battery and alternator be up to the job or will they die!!! if an upgrade is the right way to go what should i get thanx.....

brian.bb
15-10-01, 10:02 AM
it should be ok as long as u dont play it for long periods of time without the engine running,

ur best bet is to get one of the larger vauxhall ones :D

Ballsy
15-10-01, 12:38 PM
m8, why would u want sucha good amp 2 run 2 crap subs????, first things first buy a decent set ov subs( alpines arnt up 2 much), then buy your self a optima yellow top battery and u will b able 2 play ur tunes for bout a fortnite!!! lol, u should aslo consider gettin a power cap to help supply power for the amps :)

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

mikeoxford
15-10-01, 05:17 PM
:O mucho expensivo ballsy

BrianS
15-10-01, 06:04 PM
Ballsy, Power Cap? thats not going to do anything at all! :p

Secondly, as a first upgrade to the power system go to the Turbo diesel alt + batt. Thats a bit more power on tap. It's better if you give power figures, or what the amps fused at, then you can look more closely as to whether the power system needs upgrading.
HTH.

Dicko
15-10-01, 11:32 PM
Theres 2 types of alternators used on novas as standard. i think 37amp, and 45amp. I know the turbo deisels have the bigger size, and probly gsi's sri's.
To be on the safe side just get a bigger battery. The standard 1 is around 42Amp, but i have a 62amp which seems to last much longer if i have the stereo on without the engine running (also got 75amp corsa gsi alternator beast :)