PDA

View Full Version : MDF False floor

Anonymous
30-08-01, 01:12 PM
at the moment my cd changer(in the boot) is kept in the box to protect it when it slides from one end of the boot to the other. i was thinking of cutting a large sheet of MDF into the shape of the boot floor and bolting the changer to that, but im reluctant to do it if its going to cause me problems.
can anyone tell me if it would work? i have a large supply of MDF so thats no problem.

also, my parcel shelf doesnt sit in right and keeps popping out on one side. i think the bloke who owned the car before me had an accident and the chasis is warped in the boot, so i was thinking of takng all the plastic panels away and making them all from MDF therefore solving the problem. is this a good idea?
thanks for your time, if youve read this far, your a better man than i, lol

Anonymous
30-08-01, 08:00 PM
just bolt the changer to the boot floor.

as for the sides try making them fit or if all else fails get some mdf,GRP and creativity and fettle a pair of panels

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
31-08-01, 08:52 AM
fix the auto change to the back of your seats

or put it under you pasanger seat with a few bits of velcro holding it in place

:) decisions decisions :)

Formally nova91

Anonymous
04-09-01, 12:42 PM
Modify your glovebox !!

Vroooooooooom !!
:p I'm allowed to make silly noises, cos I ain't got my car back yet!!! :(

Anonymous
05-09-01, 12:11 AM
i fitted a 12 disc jvc in my glovebox http://project.nova-land.com only had to take a little bit out of the golvebox, plus i have a couple of neat mods up my sleeve for the glovebox all will be revealed soon if parts ever arrive! ;)