PDA

View Full Version : can u buy

Anonymous
08-06-01, 09:46 AM
Can u buy speakers equivalent in sound quality to 6x9's that actually fit in the existing rear speaker mounts????
Just wondering cos i dont want scally peeps to know ive got some decent speakers, and if u put them in the existing mounts u cant see them.
I have to consider these things as i'm forced to park in dodgy areas to be near to work, otherwise its a v long walk
Cheers. ;)

Anonymous
08-06-01, 10:25 AM
You could try putting some 6*4 speakers in those mounts, they may give better sound than standard 4" ones, but they wont be nearly as good as 6*9s
I think that was the size (6*4) my mate has some in the front doors of his Ford Crapi

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:02 AM
Get a stealth shelf made. They used the original shelf in mine and mounted the speakers on M.D.F from underneath and carpeted it.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:34 AM
you wont get the bass that 6x9's chuck out if you mount smaller but as good quality in the original mounts. you could do as my eybic sez or make a new one from scratch and make it look as original as poss.

i saw in a shop the other day that pioneer (notmy faves but hey) do an 8" 3 way speaker thats similr to 6x9's but round instead. it looked and sounded ok acctually.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D